Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

There might be a hidden vendor.xml file. Check [Local Drive]:\users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML\vendor.xml You ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Advertisement

There might be a hidden vendor.xml file.

Check [Local Drive]:\users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\Blackberry\Loader XML\vendor.xml

You will have to enable the option 'Show hidden files' on windows explorer.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

cashmoneyspeed no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Okay, so tell me exactly what steps you've taken.

You need Desktop Manager for your PC.
    You need the OS you want to load onto your device installed on your PC. If the OS is NOT from your carrier, you need to go and delete the vendor.xml file from:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

Have you done all that?
    Okay i have downloaded the blackberry desktop manager and thats where its not letting me do any of the things it seems that needs to be done. I haven't been able to get as far as to load the phone with the Operating System that i've also already downloaded to my computer. I can tell the computer recognized the phone from when i plug it in as it comes up as a blackberry curve 8530 and shows that i have never Synced or backed it up, but none of the keys are an option to update it or anything. The OS i downloaded to the computer is through blackberry, Sprint is the carrier. Will give it a shot when i get home later, otherwise its off to buy a new phone tomorrow and forever have a bad taste in my mouth from this blackberry.

Okay, so tell me exactly what steps you've taken.

You need Desktop Manager for your PC.
    You need the OS you want to load onto your device installed on your PC. If the OS is NOT from your carrier, you need to go and delete the vendor.xml file from:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

Have you done all that?
    I clicked the link and it just goes to a google search. How do i get into the vendor files?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

You don't click the link. You navigate to that path on your PC

Alright, there was a 1 kb Vendor file, i've deleted it. I plugged the phone in with the battery out of it and the Blackberry Desktop came on, showed the phone i have and attempted to connect to it. After a few seconds a new screen popped up and said it could not establish a connection. The cable is brand new, both ends of it are secure, and the phone displays a pic of a battery with a line through it. Is it fried beyond repair?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I doubt it's fried...just hang in there and these BB experts will get you going.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    I doubt it's fried...just hang in there and these BB experts will get you going.
    Well that would be great if it isn't but i've haven't made any progress since the JVM 102 error screen showed up and need a working phone for work tomorrow as i'll be going out of state. Not sure what else i can try and have been searching the net tirelessly for days.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Were you able to get BBSAK to recognize the device?

I think if we can wipe the OS we can get it to reload

Well all i get is a screen that says" blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device" whenever i press Update so unless i'm missing something else, it seems there is absolutely no way to communicate with the phone from my computer.

Were you able to get BBSAK to recognize the device?

I think if we can wipe the OS we can get it to reload
    Yes BBSAK recognized it, the buttons for Update and such were accessable this time and i wiped the OS.

Halfway through the Update process, the screen on the phone went to reload software 507. It's currently Installing so i've got my fingers crossed. How long should it take to update?
    Last edited by cashmoneyspeed; 12-11-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Could take up to 30 minutes, but shouldn't take that long. Hope it works!

It's been almost 2 hours now and the load bar hasn't moved. Original scrren said it could take up to an hour. I don't want to disconnect it as it says it could make the device unusable. It's stuck on "UPLOADING RAM IMAGE" Damn,little green bar just keep flashing as if its going to get closer to completion but no change from 2 minutes after it all started. Great, just when i thought this process was about to be over. Should the battery be in the phone for this process?
    Last edited by cashmoneyspeed; 12-11-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Over 12 hours into it, i'm done. Going to leave this blackberry paperweight plugged into my computer while i go out shopping and hope it doesn't corrupt my computer somehow. I doubt anything will change in the few hours before i come back.

Well here's what finally showed up on my computer screen:

Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Restart the loading process, reconnect your device and try again.
    Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]
    Last edited by cashmoneyspeed; 12-11-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Yeah, once it started loading, you should've put the battery back into the phone. You're so close!

Yeah, once it started loading, you should've put the battery back into the phone. You're so close!
    Yeah i did it once with the battery in the whole time, another with the battery out, and another where i put the battery in once it started loading and still nothing. LoL, close but no cigar.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast