Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I've got a Blackberry Curve 8530 and its run perfectly for almost 2 years. Yesterday ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cashmoneyspeed no está en línea Stack level 2

JVM Error 102 can't figure this out

Advertisement

I've got a Blackberry Curve 8530 and its run perfectly for almost 2 years. Yesterday i got error cod JVM 102 and can't get it working again. I downloaded the JL_Cmder and did a wipe and a reset to factory specs and still only get the code. There was no information at all coming up when i went to JL_Cmder and chose option 2 (event log).

I use the phone for calls, texting, taking pictures, and occasional internet surfing of ebay and stuff like that. I have never downloaded "APPS" for anything, games, or anything like that. Only thing i ever downloaded was 1 free ring tone when i first got the phone. Now i know i haven't used it to its potential and can't understand how this has happened. So, is this now the time for me to upgrade to something that may have better reception? Let me know before i smash this thing into a million pieces.

As far as "backing things up" goes, i have no idea how to do so and therefore never have so looks like all my pictures and phone #'s are gone forever. My sim card doesn't even read in my wife's phone(exact same phone purchased at same time).

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to the forums!

With JL_Cmnder, did you do the OS wipe or just reset to factory?

I'd like you to try a little more user friendly app called BBSAK to wipe the OS from the device. You can get it here: www.bbsak.org

Once that's been downloaded to your PC, connect your device and launch BBSAK. It'll ask you for a password. Just click OK.

Next, choose the option to Wipe Device. If this succeeds, you will be left with a 507 error.

Once you get there, you can then reload the OS to your device.

Let us know how it goes!

Alright, i'll give that a try in a little bit. Just spent 4 hours doing research and screwing around with it so its getting closer and closer to smashing time to release all this frustration. Thank you for the quick response.

I did the OS wipe and also reset to factory, a few times thinking maybe it didn't take.

I Downloaded that program and it goes to a small screen that has a button to "connect" but then it says NO DEVICE DETECTED. The options at the bottom of the screen show up but i can't click on them to WIPE DEVICE.

Sorry it took so long to reply. Let's try another method with Desktop Manager. Please see below:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB10144

I took the battery out and connected it to the computer with a usb cable but thats as far as i get. The next step says In the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager, double-click Application Loader. No windows comes up at all from plugging the phone in to do anything.

What version of DM do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    What version of DM do you have?
    I believe its 7.0

I'm not sure 7.0 has been released yet. In any case, you were reading the instructions for DM 4-5.

If you do have 7, you need to follow the instructions for DM 6 or greater.

Also, you have to launch DM manually. It won't launch automatically by plugging the device in.

So plug your device in, remove the battery, launch DM then follow the rest of the instructions.

Well i'm using AOL desktop 9.6, not sure about the 6.0 or less or more thing. I did try the ionstructions for 6.0 or higher where i remove battery, connect to cable, then it says it will prompt to retry/cancel/update BUT it does absolutely nothing. No new screen comes up on the computer and nothing changes anywhere as far as i can tell.

Going on day 3 with no phone and , will be taping a video of what a blackberry looks like after fighting with a 10 lb. sledge hammer on Sunday. You have been most helpfull and i appreciate it, i just can't justify spending another 6 hours trying to fix what seems to be a common problem with these BB paperweights.

I don't see the "blackberry desktop manager" anywhere. how do i launch it manually?
    Last edited by cashmoneyspeed; 12-09-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Wow, 6 hours later and nobody else has responded. Sorry about that.

I have no idea what AOL desktop 9.6 is, but you'll need to download BlackBerry Desktop Manager in order to try this method. Download link below:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F 3BB068C22&dl=A2C0D61EB187AB3AFD247A852FAD3647

Once that's installed, connect your device to the PC with the battery removed, then launch Desktop Manager. From there, follow the instructions in the link I posted above.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    what's a DM?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    what's a DM?
    Download Manager. I loaded it to the computer and it recognized the phone when i plugged it in but would not let me get through #3 for either version. Oh and i downloaded the 6.0 version.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...rnalId=KB10144

Okay, so tell me exactly what steps you've taken.

You need Desktop Manager for your PC.
    You need the OS you want to load onto your device installed on your PC. If the OS is NOT from your carrier, you need to go and delete the vendor.xml file from:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

Have you done all that?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast