Im just wonder if any one of you guys or girls have tried placing a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

agarza11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205c93f6

Just Wondering H@h Work Internationaly!

Advertisement

Im just wonder if any one of you guys or girls have tried placing a call while your in canada or mexico or any other country using the hotspot@home wifi service? I THINK THEY WOULDNT KNOW YOUR IN A DIFFRENT COUNTRY BECAUSE YOU WOULD BE USING THE WIFI! BUT I MAYBE WRONG!

YOU JUST GET FREE CALLS WHILE YOUR OUT OF THE COUNTRY!

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF IT WOULD WORK OR NOT? I THINK IT WOULD BE SOMETHING NICE TO KNOW IF YOU TRAVEL A LOT!

Eloquence no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Just Wondering H@h Work Internationaly!

I can't confirm or deny that until I got to Canada in about a week or so, but I do know from down here in the States that the Wi-Fi calling is NOT free for long-distance. What this means is that somewhere along the line, the call get routed through a given network (say Rogers in Canada) and appropriate charges are sent to your account/bill.

Therefore, if you are using a T-mo SIM (for example) in another country on Wi-Fi, the carrier you go through there will know you are on T-mo and charge you roaming EVEN though you are calling through UMA. In other words... get your phone unlocked pronto.

Let me know if I am mistaken in this claim.

ARHYTHMATIK no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah- I was wondering the same thing. Spread the word whoever finds something out!

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~actually right now it is a glitch in the programing because on WiFi tmo doesn't know where you are calling from so that's free calls to the us but tmo will know where your calling to so Canada or Mexico still Will charge you.

PIN/ID
    205c93f6

But If Im In Europe And Im In A Wifi Spot An Call To The Us Shouldnt The Call Be Free! I Will Not Be Using Thier Towers To Pick Up Singal Cuz I Wouldnt Need To!

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~correct calling to the us is free but tmo is working on a way to fix it although from reports its going to be a difficult task.

PIN/ID
    205c93f6

I think they should just leaving it like that it will attract a lot of new customers in to t mobile!! But lets see how it goes!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i think technically if you are calling another usa number it will be fine no matter where you are calling from but if you are calling a number outside the us it will not work

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

Using tmobile sim and UMA phone to do wifi calling to US number are always free(if u got H@H ) regardless where you are. It has been confirmed by tmobile and listed on tmobile support site. On the other hand, calling international number using UMA will be treated as international call and charged accordingly.

Got the following from tmobile support site,
    http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...ic/tm23450.htm?
    Can I make or receive calls from outside of the United States?
    T-Mobile cannot guarantee Wi-Fi service outside your home or US HotSpot locations.
    Calling from international locations with your T-Mobile HotSpot Phone and Wireless Router works the same as if calling from the US. The normal domestic rates apply when making a call to a location within the US, and international long distance applies when making a call to a location outside the US.
    NOTE: There are no call hand offs to or from networks other than T-Mobile USA’s network, and Wi-Fi calls cannot be made or received at T-Mobile HotSpot locations outside of the US.
    Last edited by penpower; 09-28-2007 at 02:31 AM.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

How sweet!

Mareshalu no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by penpower
    Using tmobile sim and UMA phone to do wifi calling to US number are always free(if u got H@H ) regardless where you are. It has been confirmed by tmobile and listed on tmobile support site. On the other hand, calling international number using UMA will be treated as international call and charged accordingly.
    Agree I received the same answer from TMO.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by penpower

Got the following from tmobile support site,
    http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...ic/tm23450.htm?
    Can I make or receive calls from outside of the United States?
    T-Mobile cannot guarantee Wi-Fi service outside your home or US HotSpot locations.
    Calling from international locations with your T-Mobile HotSpot Phone and Wireless Router works the same as if calling from the US. The normal domestic rates apply when making a call to a location within the US, and international long distance applies when making a call to a location outside the US.
    NOTE: There are no call hand offs to or from networks other than T-Mobile USA’s network, and Wi-Fi calls cannot be made or received at T-Mobile HotSpot locations outside of the US.
    This is true, written in my hotspot@home refrence guide printed June 4th 2007. So use it up