I had 8300 unlocked from ATT on TMO. Just bought the 8320. When it gets ... BlackBerry Curve forum

junkhead no está en línea Stack level 2

Just upgraded from 8300 to 8320

Advertisement

I had 8300 unlocked from ATT on TMO. Just bought the 8320. When it gets here what do I need to do to transfer all of my apps and phonebook from my 8300 to my 8320? Also my media as well, I don't have a microSD card.

thanks!
    Last edited by junkhead; 12-03-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    "We chased misprinted lies... We face the path of time..." -Layne Staley

Re: Just upgraded from 8300 to 8320

Don't mean to double post but will it also be possible to transfer my jivetalk app with my license to my new phone? I think I have a couple of other apps that have licenses that I have purchased that I will need to transfer as well.

Any help?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

The liscences are more than likely tied to the PIN, so you would have to contact the developer and ask for a new key to enable the use on the new device. Some will give them freely, others will charge a reduces fee, and others still will make you repurchase the program.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

You can use the "switch device wizard" in the Desktop Manager to transfer your info.
    Or you can just restore will a backup from the 8300

As for the license transfer with Jivetalk, if you purchased the User License for $29.95 then you should be able to transfer quickly on the stie. If you purchased then device license then you will need to purchase the User license or maybe email them and see what they can do if anything.

For other apps, like squeakr said it all depends on their policy. Most are willing to transfer if you ask politely.

Good luck

On the beejive website it has a way that you can transfer the license key over to the new device. Just FYI for anyone else who might have this issue.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Be sure to check the sticky post in the 8300 forum. Doing a straight swap from 8300 to 8320 in the DM can cause problems losing the UMA.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=46554

JiveTalk from what I remember had two types of licenses, one to transfer to another device and one that doesn't.