Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by nimicus Man I wish T-Mobz sold refurbished Curve's, I'd jump on that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Just switched from iPhone to the Curve

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by nimicus View Post
    Man I wish T-Mobz sold refurbished Curve's, I'd jump on that in a second!!
    AT&T does sell refurbs for only $29.99.

Yet it seems like their are an awful lot of people that like to bash at&t as a higher priced carrier. When indeed if one does a comparison, that is accurate, you will find that AT&T is as competitive as T-mobile.

I know that as a fact because I have lines with both of them.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

^^ I got mine as a refurb last week for $74.99... then two days later it was $29.99 Oh well, I still got an awesome deal either way.
    /~*brooke

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I agree about them being somewhat competitive when my discounts are applied, but I get more services for the same price (as well as better CSR support) with T-Mo, so I feel that I am getting a better value for my dollar (especially since AT$T doesn't offer insurance on the more expensive devices that are more prone to damage). I too have multiple lines with both carriers (and with T-Mo I am actually roaming on AT$T, the odd thing is that the service is clearer and more stable with the T-Mo device than with the AT$T device. Guess that is the difference between the Pearl and the Curve (and T-Mo lets me select my connection (AT$T lock me to their service only and gives no manual selection control that T-Mo does).

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

i hate having to envolve both hands to use my phone, i just got my curve and man is thing awsomne
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05

the reason the 8300 are so cheap is because they just came out and right behind them came the 8310 and 8320 so you can imagine that thousands of people took thier shiny new 8300 back to get the 8310 and 8320.
    Looking for new buddies. Add me pin# 3115EE05

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Eldog yeah I'm with you, but then I think the curves look is perfect enough for me. I still get the looks from people especially with folks with 8700. They all say, that's a sexy berry hahaha.. The iphone looks good though imo.

PIN/ID
    PM

Eldog yeah I'm with you, but then I think the curves look is perfect enough for me. I still get the looks from people especially with folks with 8700. They all say, that's a sexy berry hahaha.. The iphone looks good though imo.

eldog no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by xtasyboi_00 View Post

I agree my 8310 is a great looking device, and it helped me get home last night when I was in an unfamiliar area..GPS works wonders...

PIN/ID
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    I agree my 8310 is a great looking device, and it helped me get home last night when I was in an unfamiliar area..GPS works wonders...

right on.. there you go.. thats something i guess lol.

SaddleSC no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up iPhone Convert Here Too

I had an 8100 Pearl for about 8 months when I got caught up in the iPhone hype and bought it the day it came out. I did like the way it would sync with iTunes and I really liked the Visual Voicemail. However, I was "typing" a very short email on my iPhone last week (with one finger) and I realized how much I missed having IM, MMS and a real keyboard. I was so frustrated I threw the iPhone the console of my car and went straight over to the TMO store for a new 8320 Curve. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. After getting my BB back I realized why the BB is so much better than the iPhone for my needs.

The iPhone is all about entertainment. The Curve is all about communication. The iPhone is about isolating yourself from other people. The Curve is all about connecting with other people. Who cares if you can watch You Tube on your phone if you can't make a crystal clear phone call, send a quick pic via MMS or IM a friend at a coffee shop??

I am so happy with my 8320 and I just wanted to share my thoughts with you guys and gals.

Have a great day.

humblehyper no está en línea Stack level 2

I also have an iphone and yesterday my Curve just arrived and so far im loving it, I'm selling my iphone for sure

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: iPhone Convert Here Too

Quote Originally Posted by SaddleSC View Post
    The iPhone is all about entertainment. The Curve is all about communication. The iPhone is about isolating yourself from other people. The Curve is all about connecting with other people. Who cares if you can watch You Tube on your phone if you can't make a crystal clear phone call, send a quick pic via MMS or IM a friend at a coffee shop??
    I could not agree more. In my case as an avid phone enthusiast I purchased an iPhone not as my only phone, or as a replacement for my much loved BlackBerrys'. But as a device to try just to see how it performed vs. Steve Jobs and the Apple Hype Machines Portrayal. I have enjoyed Apple PowerBook Laptops, my new MacBook Pro (for home use) and therefore I purchased an iPhone when they were released. Put up with all the chaos of getting it activated through iTunes only to find that it was so much less than satisfying.

However conversely, the advantage of disliking it from the beginning was that I dumped it on ebay after a short time and recovered nearly all I paid for it. Last week a friend of mine decided to dump his on ebay and sadly got a very small fraction of the price. This was due to Jobs $200 reduction in price, which effectively slit the throat of early adopters, as well as devalued iPhone resale prices. Then to add more salt to the wound, iPhone sales have stagnated to the point of relic status. Especially since the release of the iTouch which is the better of the two by a wide margin. Poor Apple, they are so out of touch, and they don't even know it.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12