I am a proud owner of a new 8310 (at&t) and just wanted to know ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pitbulldawgs05 no está en línea Stack level 1

Just got my new 8310

Advertisement

I am a proud owner of a new 8310 (at&t) and just wanted to know what new features or cool things I should be expecting. Before I had a 8100 pearl from tmobile so was hoping ill get more features from curve besides video and wifi int.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    pitbull ... your 8310 (unless shipped with OS 4.5) will not have video recording and the wifi berry is the 8320, not 8310. i hate to be the bearer of bad news if you were told something different.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Congrats on the new device! Great choice!

QWERTY keyboard might take a little getting used to after the Pearl. The 8310 does not have WiFi, by the way.....that's the 8320.....but you DO have GPS, which is cool. Don't know if you had that on the 8100.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You'll only get the video feature if you dangerously load 4.5 on you curve. Second, congrats fellow curve owner. There are some nice things you can add. For your gps. Get Amaze 4.2 free gps voice activated and turn by turn toos Third, download some nice themes out there from the nice stackers who are sharing their creativity with us. What else...msn messenger if you have a msn account that is. So many things you can download on your bb but becarefull not to run outta space my best wishes with your bb. Oh yeah, one more thing do not paint your bb just get a housing or faceplate from cnn and the trackball does not change colors on our curves sorry if you didn't know that however there are ways which implies opening your bb to paint a piece of tape and place on the led. Phewwww... If you still have more questions feel free to ask

pitbulldawgs05 no está en línea Stack level 1
    men the video and wifi news just tore me down...so whats the point of the 8310 or difference besides keyboard?

and the gps does need data plan rite?

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    4.5 is dangerous? I so feel like a rebel! Woohoo!

Anyway, congrats on the move to the curve. I'm in the same boat. I've had mine for 2 days now and I can't believe I waited so long. I really wanted a Bold, but just couldn't wait! the keyboard, camera, screen size, and video recording are my reasons for moving!

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    you don't need a data plan for the gps (that I know of), but having google maps with the gps makes traveling a bit easier.

I thought I wanted a 8320 for the wifi, but I have the unlimited data plan so the GPS feature seemed better.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I said 4.5's dangerous because too many people complain about the so many flaws they encounter when upgrading to a release from another carrier. I suggest you to wait for your carrier to release theirs. So, yeah I guess that makes you a rebel

vas729 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ive been running 4.5 for a month now. Havent had one problem. And it actually got rid of some errors that I would get all of the time while using bb messenger.

It wasnt dangerous at all. I followed the directions and not one problem First time I ever upgraded my os on a berry.

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    Quote Originally Posted by vas729 View Post
    Ive been running 4.5 for a month now. Havent had one problem. And it actually got rid of some errors that I would get all of the time while using bb messenger.

It wasnt dangerous at all. I followed the directions and not one problem First time I ever upgraded my os on a berry.
    Silence! I kill you!

I had to.

I'm with you though, 4.5 solved problems rather than created them. I love it.
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.