Im so excited. I was very embarrassed pulling my phone out of my pocket with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Just got my BSE full cover

Advertisement

Im so excited. I was very embarrassed pulling my phone out of my pocket with the original plastic still on the screen and battery cover. The full body kit consists of one big piece for the battery cover. One Piece that coveres the entire screen and up to the notifiation LED. Then theres two pieces that cover the bottom center part; one starts at the cutout by the keyboard, the other Im going to start from the battery cover indent. Lastly, theres two pieces that go up along either side.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Just got my BSE full cover

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    Im so excited. I was very embarrassed pulling my phone out of my pocket with the original plastic still on the screen and battery cover. The full body kit consists of one big piece for the battery cover. One Piece that coveres the entire screen and up to the notifiation LED. Then theres two pieces that cover the bottom center part; one starts at the cutout by the keyboard, the other Im going to start from the battery cover indent. Lastly, theres two pieces that go up along either side.
    Still waiting on mine... how does it fit? Easy to apply? Any issues?

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    Still waiting on mine... how does it fit? Easy to apply? Any issues?
    Alright, just finished. Overall Im Very happy. There are a couple tricky points. The long thin points used for the side gave me a bit of aggrevation. Was about to toss them but I liked the fact they covered the bottom sides of the keyboard. Anyway, for those I suggest not really getting too wet. Start with the bottom bigger piece right under the keypad. Then manipulate the thin part along the side of the device. Take care not to stretch this piece as it will overlap the top. Just align it with the edge and keep holding it there but dont pull. For the one that goes on the screen, make sure it aligns with the bottom otherwise youll get this tiny lip at the top that can catch and pull away. When doing the battery cover one, dont forget that any water can get into the lens and flash area. So take care when smoothing it out in that area.

Other than that, another happy BSE customer.

perlguy9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Got mine today too. I was a bit anxious about applying it, but the advice in this post along with the directions on the BSE site helped it go smoothly. Very nice product.

SlamMan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    203769B3

The best advice for the thin sides is patience. Get it in place and let it set up for 5 minutes or so. When you come back most of the solution will have evaporated. At this point it should lay down quite nicely by simply running your thumb over any areas that have not yet adhered.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    When doing the battery cover one, dont forget that any water can get into the lens and flash area. So take care when smoothing it out in that area.
    Wouldn't you apply the skin on the battery cover with it off the device so you don't have to worry about getting water into the camera lens or flash?
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

Quote Originally Posted by evilhomer
    Wouldn't you apply the skin on the battery cover with it off the device so you don't have to worry about getting water into the camera lens or flash?
    Sure, make me look like an idiot. I thought about that too but considering the piece fits the whole cover, its very hard to hold and smooth at the same time. Keeping it on the phone made it easier to line up and hold steady.

Wstsydthug no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2405C19E

Did anyone compeltey disassemble the phone (like the instructions say; I think?) or did you just power it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Wstsydthug
    Did anyone compeltey disassemble the phone (like the instructions say; I think?) or did you just power it off?
    Hell, I didnt even turn my phone off.

PIN/ID
    2405C19E

Installed mine today. Very easy. I have one little corner on the scren that looks a little bubbly- due from the protector and not water. I am hoping that this will go away soon. Otherwise I like it a lot. Its very grippy and feels like it could protect a lot of stuff. Will use alongside m OEM skin to see how it goes from here on out.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

glad it worked out for you guys...

can't believe you didn't take the battery cover off first

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Mine worked out great. I removed the battery as the instructions recommended, but left
    the back cover on. Took my time and shook out all the excess water. Also helped to slide
    off excess water with my fingers before applying. The back cover was perfect, the front was
    also perfect except for one tiny air bubble which did not go away, but I fixed today by removing
    just that area and reapplying. The sides were the most difficult part but with some patience they
    came out perfect!

PIN/ID
    2405C19E

UPDATE-

I coudn't stand that one corner that had a defect in it. It was defintely not my installing and the plastic just had a blurry pocey that I could not deal with. So- I just ripped it off and complained to BSE to give me a new one. Granted it does only cost $5 but still, if it wasn't my fault, I should be entitled to a new one.