Hi Everyone, I just upgraded from the workhorse 8700g to a nice Curve 8320. What ... BlackBerry Curve forum

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

JUST GOT 8320- What are the MUST HAVE's?

Advertisement

Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded from the workhorse 8700g to a nice Curve 8320. What are the Curve specific must have apps?

Already got Viigo installed and GoogleMaps- what else do i need?

Thanks in advance
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: JUST GOT 8320- What are the MUST HAVE's?

I don't think there is anything curve specific, viigo and google maps aren't. Just the same apps as for other BB's

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Cliff is right, usually whatever you have on your other bb should work also with your 8320.

Congrats on ur new curve

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

For whatever it's worth, when I get a new model I spend time learning everything it can do before loading on any other software. This also presents one with an opportunity to be sure that nothing is wrong with the new model as it came out of the box.

Then once I have a full working knowledge and have it optimized for my usage, it's at that point that I decide if there are any must have apps. Remembering that each one takes up some more valuable memory.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Get a new case brother... FAST!!!! Don't wanna scratch that puppy~~~

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    For whatever it's worth, when I get a new model I spend time learning everything it can do before loading on any other software. This also presents one with an opportunity to be sure that nothing is wrong with the new model as it came out of the box.

Then once I have a full working knowledge and have it optimized for my usage, it's at that point that I decide if there are any must have apps. Remembering that each one takes up some more valuable memory.
    SOUND ADVICE- Viigo and Googlemaps are must haves that I regularly used on my 8700 and know inside and out. There were some apps such as this Flipside mp3 site I've been reading up on that I couldn't even think of doing on my 8700. Which is why I asked. But yes, I stayed up late getting aqainted with the trackball, camera and the Wi-Fi (the nice Wi-Fi feature)
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes View Post
    Get a new case brother... FAST!!!! Don't wanna scratch that puppy~~~
    I have it wrapped like a new baby in a blanket, already ordered a Shieldzone screen protector (8700g survived several drops, kicks and slides on concrete and pavement thanks to Shieldzone) and Im looking into a seidio rubberized hard case.

What kind of case did you get? Have you dropped your Curve yet ?
    5RAWMINUTES!

– George Carlin

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Sound advice from all! Learn all you can about it. Look at the 3rd party apps forum.
    Congrats on your new Curve!

~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

DanXP no está en línea Stack level 2

i highly recommend flipside except that it doesn't support avrcp... yet... a2dp, yes, but no avrcp (which controls stop/start, next/prev)... otherwise a near perfect mp3 player...

oh, and going from the 8700 to the 8320 you'll also notice the underappreciated voice-dialing feature... it's pretty convenient when driving... and accurate!

enjoy and welcome to da club!