Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, so my curve reset itself 5 times over the past 4 days and to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Just exchanged my Curve, 4 days old

Advertisement

Ok, so my curve reset itself 5 times over the past 4 days and to the recommendation of this forum, I exchanged it. First thing I did was call the 3 local corporate stores to see if they had stock. First store was completely out. Second store got 7 in so I asked them to check and see where they were made. Guy comes back and says that the manager told him they were all made in Mexico. Meh, I called the third store, they got 5. Again, all made in Mexico.

I go to the second store because it was closer. They pull out a curve and I start taking it apart(in the store) to put my sim and memory card in. First thing I notice is the camera is off center. Now this was an issue with Pearls too. I shrugged it off and booted it up. OH NOES! The track ball has absolutely no feedback when pushing down. I forgot to check before the swap. So I ask for my old phone back to compare and there is a very discernable difference between the two.

I manup and say "Im gonna be that jerk customer, but I want a different phone". I know right away hes pissed cus he just went through all the paperwork. He said they cant swap out a phone just because I think the ball doesnt "feel" right. I told him either he finds me a different phone to try, or I take my old one back and I go to another store. Either way, he has to do paperwork again.

He pulls out another one from the stock and this one feels marginally better. Not as great as my original one, but much better than the second one. He tries to tell me that because I got mine through the website, they had different stock than what the stores get. I laughed that off. I also notice that the camera is dead center on the new one. That makes me feel a little bit better.

So anyway, after all the setting up again, resyncing with car and computer, Im happy. We shall see if this one resets itself. Oh and get this....the new one is made in Canada. I had to give my imei to customer service to switch it in the system and right there on the box it says "Handset made in CANADA". Oh am I even happier now.

artjr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31006C6F
    I can't believe that RIM would allow their equipment be released without some sort of quility control! If that would have happen to me there would be no way I would purchase a bb phone! Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Just exchanged my Curve, 4 days old

did you get a blackberry data plan while you were in the store J/P

glad ur happy hopefully this one will work out for you...try to avoid the blackberry triangle area tho

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Good to hear, I hope it works for you!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

my camera is off center, as was the one in my pearl....is there a problem with the off center ones?

glad you got a good one!

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

I always make sure its made in Canada. Nothing personal. I have had bad luck with the ones from Mexico. Just me? I don't know, but the Canadian ones jst seem to be put together better. Just my 2 cents.
    Gruv15
    "Somethings wrong with my phone!!!"
    "Of course there is, it's not a BlackBerry!!!"

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I guess I should consider myself lucky mine worked from the outset!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by artjr
    I can't believe that RIM would allow their equipment be released without some sort of quility control! If that would have happen to me there would be no way I would purchase a bb phone! Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you!
    I have had 10 BB's in 3 or 4 years for different problems.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    Actually, yeah, I did.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    lol

Hyper, yeah I had to return mine also in less than a week (tomorrow will be the one week mark). I hope this isn't a sign of a troubled early/rushed release. Glad to see you got the data plan, got the chance to enjoy it yet?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah I think I am. But now I just want to watch tv and u guys keep responding making me look at my phone.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah I think I am. But now I just want to watch tv and u guys keep responding making me look at my phone.
    LOL yeah yeah blame us for your new addiction to not be able to put the blackberry down ;-)
    enjoy TV (what show?) hahaha
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    (what show?) hahaha
    rescue me(on dvr)

BLUEHEFNER no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) Sooo I'm @the
    AT&T store right and the display Curve had a distinct raised front plate that didn't allow proper key function the thing was like an hour old at the time, I was like ummm ookay!

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb Re: Just exchanged my Curve, 4 days old

Quote Originally Posted by gruv15
    I always make sure its made in Canada. Nothing personal. I have had bad luck with the ones from Mexico. Just me? I don't know, but the Canadian ones jst seem to be put together better. Just my 2 cents.
    have had my new cure sinse 06/02/2007 and no problems yet~ however get this quote from emailed 2me 2day from cingular about my request for the unlock> we recently received a request to provide you with a subsidy unlock code for your handset. un fortunately we are unable to provide you with the unlock code. cingular does not unlock handsets for the purposes of international except for our international roaming customers..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast