Hey guys, I just bought my Pearl a couple of weeks ago from Cingular. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

Just bought a Pearl a couple weeks ago, should I return it?

Advertisement

Hey guys,

I just bought my Pearl a couple of weeks ago from Cingular. I love it, but I would prefer the full keyboard, the longer battery life, bigger screen and 2MB camera (hopefully higher quality too) of the Curve. ;-)

What do you guys think?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Just bought a Pearl a couple weeks ago, should I return it?

sounds like your mind is already made up by your wants
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sounds good to me. ;-)

Yeah, plus I forgot to add that I like how the Curve is "rubberized" for a better grip. Although I love the Pearl, one of my chief complaints has been how slick it is in the hand.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ To solve your battery problem, get an extended battery. I haven't had any issues holding my Pearl. The grip is good. You might try Seidio's rubberized cases available on their site. For your keyboard issue, there are several Bluetooth keyboards available.

Just some suggestions but if you want the newer device go ahead LOL

BoogieNYC no está en línea Stack level 2

The pro/con is simple: assuming no glaring bugs or problems with the 8300 when it hits the shelves (knowing how RIM does things, that's a safe assumption), the new device is shinier and newer and has more current technology and, therefore, always makes more sense. The Pearl may get a facelift soon, so going for the new device can't hurt. The main con, of course, is when the 8300 will be out -- it could be a few days or it could be a few months (I'd bet it's by June 1st).

It's all relative -- do you want a BB now that does most everything you need, or do you want to wait a month for the newest BB on the street?

imyopusha31 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yea but the wait will get you a better bb that will do everything you want faster and just all around better. Its only within a month wait lol. I'd return that pearl. Can't wait for that stereo bt.

Yeah I contacted my Cingular guy and he was really cool. Says I can hold onto my Pearl until the Curve comes out and I can return it then. For me, it's not about what's shiny and new, afterall, this Pearl replaced my Treo 650 I had for a almost two years. It's more about getting features I enjoyed on my Treo and features I enjoy on the Pearl. If the Curve shot video, had 128MB internal memory, and was 3g, it would be near perfect – moreso than my beloved Pearl already is.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

...and do you prefer SureType or full qwerty?

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    ...and do you prefer SureType or full qwerty?
    Since I was on a Treo for so long, I became quite adept at typing, and as such, the transition to SureType took some getting used to. For me, and I think most people, you have to adjust your mindset, because it really is a brilliant system if given a chance. It is certain far better than the old T9 Predictive Text found on many standard number-pad mobile phones. And The trade off for using SureType is obvious - the size of the Pearl is fantastic.

I know this isn't a direct answer, but it's tough to give one because there are tradeoffs to using both types. However, the 8300 has done a phenominal job of putting a full Qwerty on such a small device, white the Pearl does a great job of getting as close to a full-qwerty as one can get, on such a small phone - tradeoffs.

All of this being said, ask yourself this question: Would you rather have a full keyboard, or some small keyboard that did a form of predicitve text for your home PC - unless you are a masochist, you would want the full keyboard - it just makes more sense. The same applies to using a messaging/email phone - full = better, but at what cost to size?

Yes. I prefer a full keyboard, but I was happy with my Pearl w/ SureType and would fully recommend it to anyone looking for a small form factor and the ability to text and email.

I hope that answers your question.