I recently purchased a Curve from ATT and a leather BB case. I used to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dvmnam22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Just a quick ?

Advertisement

I recently purchased a Curve from ATT and a leather BB case. I used to the a Pearl w/ a similar case but when I would put my phone in it, it would hiberate and even if buttons accidently got pushed it would still sleep as to not waste battery power. With my new Curve, I am noticing it doesn't automatically sleep when I put it in the case and then light up when I pull it out. Am I missing something here?

corymccly no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Just a quick ?

If you navigate to the Options icon in your menu and select "Security" then the first link will be "General Settings", there should be an option that you you can scroll to that says, "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering". I believe it defaults to no, but you can change that. I hope this helps.

Okay, I gave that a whirl. We'll see how it goes. My case for my Pearl worked like a charm. I would put it in and bang it around and it wouldn't light up or call anyone and then when I pulled it out it would be ready to go. I don't know why I'm having issues with my Curve...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Do you know if your new case has a sleeper magnet in it or not?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Is that case an OEM case with the in-holster magnet? I have one and it works fine. You might want to check if another one does work.

Richard
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I have the BlackBerry 8300 Series Leather Swivel Holster, Pitch Black. Here is the write-up:

"Finished in premium lambskin leather, this holster offers unparalleled comfort and elegance. It also comes with a stylish swivel clip, so you can adjust it for maximum comfort wherever your day takes you. Keep it an in upright position when you're on the move, or adjust it parallel with your belt when sitting. The holster features built-in indentations that run along the inside of the case to protect the trackball, and ensure your device is not accidentally activated. The holster also has a built-in proximity sensor, so it knows when your BlackBerry® device is in place - and it automatically shuts off the screen in order to help maximize battery life. This technology also allows you to choose different notification settings for incoming calls, emails and other functions based on whether your device is in or out of the holster."

I really don't get why it won't sleep when I put it in the case like my Pearl. I don't want to suck the battery dry, and maybe I'm just overprotective b/c I got my Curve yesterday!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You really need to have is sleep. I would go back to where you bought the holster and try another one.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I got it off the ATT Premier website when I got my Curve. I thought the case would have that sleep function. I guess I was incorrect on that one...

s0ur888 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2066DAB6

did you try the case that came in the box? Actually...do all curves come with the same case in the box? Mine didnt have a clip, i just got it straight out of the box and the magnet in there puts it to sleep, if u have that one, try it out,

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The new Curves don't come with a case included in the box(AT&T). I bought one off the shelf when I got my Curve and it sleeps just fine. I would try a different case before anything else.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by dvmnam22 View Post
    I got it off the ATT Premier website when I got my Curve. I thought the case would have that sleep function. I guess I was incorrect on that one...
    You weren't incorrect on that one. The case does have the sleep function. Your case either is defective, or possibly there is some setting on your phone that was accidently activated.
    I bought that case the same day I bought my Curve and the sleep function has always worked properly.