ok i had no problem what so ever connecting the 8800 to my jawbone bt. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

JAWBONE blue tooth connection problem

Advertisement

ok i had no problem what so ever connecting the 8800 to my jawbone bt. but for some reason. the 8300. i set it to be able to be discoverd. hold down the jawbone for it to be descoverd as well. the jb blue tooth light flashes the 8300 searches and i get nadda. am i missing something here? any help would be great. thanks

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Re: JAWBONE blue tooth connection problem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Is it possible that the Jawbone has reached its max number of paired devices, and now must be cleared? How many other phones/Blackberrys have you paired it with?

Or it may be possible that it is currently paired to another phone. I would make sure that you delete the pairing out of the old Blackberry.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I don't know too much about the Jawbone but my plantronics headset is paired to both of my phones. I didn't know they had a limit to how many many devices it could be paired to.

PDUB204 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i have a jawbone paired to my 8830 ands it qworks flawlessly. The same jawbone is paired ro my LG Chocolate. I can say that I first had a problem connecting to my Chocolate when the headset was in close proximity to my BB when it was on. Is your old BB sitting in close proximity? Is it powered on? Also I do have to turn off bt on the LG to connnect with 8830. Just a thought

uvamack no está en línea Stack level 2

I had no problem connecting my Jawbone to my 8300. Maybe you could try pairing another BT headset if you have one, just to determine if it is the phone or the Jawbone. This way you can determine if the BT function is working properly on the phone.

PIN/ID
    ask me

update: i tried pairing it with another bt device and that didnt work either. and the jawbone was only hooked into the 8800 so i know its not that. im guessing its the phone now. but im not sure.
    let me tell you the steps im doing. maybe im losing it lol
    1. turn on blue tooth on 8300
    2. turn on descovery mode
    3. hold down jawbone untill it flashes that it looks its searching for devices
    4. click search for devices on 8300 and it loads up and says no devices found.
    5. repeat it about 5x

I did it a little different. I put my Jawbone in pairing mode, where is flashes red and white first then I have the 8300 search for Bluetooth. Try that and let me know.

thr61 no está en línea Stack level 1

I paired my jawbone with my curve as described in the above post and it has worked flawlessly. I see a big difference with the BT 2.0 stack and its speed and functionality.

I have not even botherwed to pair my curve with my car's BT system due to the complaints about echo I constantly received. It is jawbone or nothing.

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

Have you made sure that you JB is off before setting it into pairing mode?

Good point, JCarter. That could definitely be it.

UFGatorsax no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried several BT headsets with my 8830 and they all disconnected after several minutes and disabled my BT on my phone. I would then have to re-enable my BT on my phone and reconnect to my head set. Like I said I have been through several headsets and even had Verizon change out the phone for me and the same problem continued to happen. Well after much experimenting I have found that if I leave the flashing blue LED light on, that the headset stays connected. I know it's trivial, but I just found it distracting to have the light on. This all sounds crazy, but has anyone else found this oddity?

PIN/ID
    ask me

my bt on the curve stilll not working

disassemble no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinrich View Post
    Is it possible that the Jawbone has reached its max number of paired devices, and now must be cleared? How many other phones/Blackberrys have you paired it with?

Or it may be possible that it is currently paired to another phone. I would make sure that you delete the pairing out of the old Blackberry.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.
    I jus bought my jawbone 2 from another member here, I cantr get it to pair with my 8330. I put it into pairing mode by holdin it till it blinked red and white, bb couldn't find it, I would only find other. Connections.. How do I clear the jawbone previously paired devices?

spica no está en línea Stack level 1

Jawbone

...schwew, I did it!!

Be sure to hold down the NOISE ASSASSIN BUTTON (top of jawbone)and TALK BUTTON (center of jawbone)at the same time, for a couple seconds (the light will flash red/white quickly- then try pairing with your bb) you will then be prompted to enter the key password 0000.............whaaaalaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this helps!

igirl528 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had this problem with two jawbone prime headsets. It works initially and then after a couple of weeks when I turn it on originally the light turns white then promptly turns red like its dying. Thats even after I have charged it for hours. If anyone has any feedback please let me know. Thanks so much