Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Originally Posted by Ge Unless they release a 3G version, I am going to pass ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    Unless they release a 3G version, I am going to pass
    No worries a 3G version 8910 will be on its way to us in just a few months.

sent via BlackBerry

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F
    I cant wait i love the design... I was waiting on the BOLD but i changed my mind. Plus i have TMOBILE and to me, it seems as if they may get the 8900 before the 9000 anyway... correct me if im wrong....

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    No worries a 3G version 8910 will be on its way to us in just a few months.

sent via BlackBerry
    I want, want, want it bad! So, a 3G version will come out on TMO in two months, or are you just jokin? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I want, want, want it bad! So, a 3G version will come out on TMO in two months, or are you just jokin? I'm confused.
    First will be the 8900 on T-Mo then a few months later a 89xx version with 3G will be released. I did not say which carrier would get it.
    sent via BlackBerry

tkao2025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So when will the 8900 be released, if the wifi version is a few months away? If 8900 is not released till Jan or Feb 09, than we can be looking at early summer 8910 release. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
    So when will the 8900 be released, if the wifi version is a few months away? If 8900 is not released till Jan or Feb 09, than we can be looking at early summer 8910 release. Is this correct?
    We must remember that:

1) These are estimates only
    2) Rim is notorious for being late to release in the past 12 months.
    3) Being estimates anything can happen (including being early).

Thus I would suggest that it could take them until late in the year 2009 to release the 3G version of the 8900, and naming conventions remaining same it would most probably be an 8910 or 8920 by model number. It will also have all the benefits that come with a minor revision to the model. Much like the differences between the first 8300 Curve and the current 8310 (AT&T) and 8320 (T-Mobile) this is why I'm not bothering with the 8900. I would much rather wait and get the 89xx version with 3G, a well sorted out software bundle and be done with it. I'm coming up on one year with my present 8310 and it's stellar. No issues whatsoever in an entire year. So this model will easily work well for me until the new 89xx comes out. Now that is RIM reliability. And it's what I pay for.

Unfortunately my 8320 has taken a beating and I need a new BB. I don't want the flip and don't want to get another 8320, so my only choice is to wait for the 8900. I would love 3G, but it's not necessary for me right now.

I just wish there was a more firm date. If I have to wait till March 2009, I may just buy another 8320 for the time being or an unlocked Bold. If it's coming mid Nov as some sites have suggested, I would wait.

Unfortunately my 8320 has taken a beating and I need a new BB. I don't want the flip and don't want to get another 8320, so my only choice is to wait for the 8900. I would love 3G, but it's not necessary for me right now.

I just wish there was a more firm date. If I have to wait till March 2009, I may just buy another 8320 for the time being or an unlocked Bold. If it's coming mid Nov as some sites have suggested, I would wait.
    If you are interested in the 8900, I'm hearing Nov / Dec release date which seems to be a firm date through T-Mobile. So I would stay tuned and not give up just yet. Especially if you do not need 3G I would certainly buy an 8900

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

I'm in the same boat. Almost about to jump on a Bold, but watch as soon as I get the bold, the javelin is released the next day. I dont like that Tmo is not giving its customers a heads up.

Yeah...my thoughts exactly. My concern is that RIM has put all its efforts in releasing the Storm, that the Javelin may get pushed back, although I don't know if the Javelin would need that much testing as it will be basically the bold without 3G in a curve body.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    First will be the 8900 on T-Mo then a few months later a 89xx version with 3G will be released. I did not say which carrier would get it.
    sent via BlackBerry
    Ahh! I see how your are. So, if I am getting this right, TMO will come out with the 8900 no 3G and then maybe another carrier will come out with the 3G model? My question is, if I want to stay with TMO, do you think TMO will only get the one without 3G and not upgrade it? I just want to know, because if I get the 8900, I will be mad if TMO then offers a 3G one.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Ahh! I see how your are. So, if I am getting this right, TMO will come out with the 8900 no 3G and then maybe another carrier will come out with the 3G model? My question is, if I want to stay with TMO, do you think TMO will only get the one without 3G and not upgrade it? I just want to know, because if I get the 8900, I will be mad if TMO then offers a 3G one.
    My guess is that T-mobile may offer a 3G less one first and than introduce a 3G version after.....it does make some sense as the curve came out first without GPS or Wifi and than came out with 2 different variants. 3G would be nice, but not necessary for me....just want it out before Christmas.

My guess is that T-mobile may offer a 3G less one first and than introduce a 3G version after.....it does make some sense as the curve came out first without GPS or Wifi and than came out with 2 different variants. 3G would be nice, but not necessary for me....just want it out before Christmas.
    I want it for Xmas too. Cross your fingers XXXX
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 11-02-2008 at 05:13 AM.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    I am interested in the 8900 I just purchased another Curve as I got rid of my G1.

I was almost ready to purchase a Bold but I don't really need 3g, so I will wait for the Javelin, until then I will continue with the use of my 8320.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

meCka no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B482B1
    I have a Bold right now with TMo but like HeavyComponent said: I have a full upgrade to be used
    So why not.

~Sent via Blackberry Bold

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast