Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I left my little rant in some random thread, but I guess this is a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Xader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK!

Advertisement

I left my little rant in some random thread, but I guess this is a better place for it.

I've been with Sprint for a while now, an my contract is about up. I' currently paying $60 for 200 minutes and 400 texts. It's a complete rape. And on top of that, the Razr I originally had died 1 week after the warranty ran out. So now I'm using a cheapo Samsung flip and getting practically nothing for $60.

Also, in the past, I've used Palm PDAs for organization, and they've worked like a charm for that purpose, but the non-user-replaceable batteries keep wearing out on me. My most recent one is about shot.

It's time for a change. It's time for a smartphone.

Originally, being a Palm veteran, I was interested in the Treo line, but they seemed so bulky and aesthetically unappealing. So although I was always a fan of touchscreens, I started looking into BBs.

After some price comparisons, I decided that TMo was definately for me. For the $60 I'm paying now, I can have 1000 minutes and unlimited data and texts. Sprint can take a flying leap.

With TMo in mind, I was originally looking at the 8320. Sexy and versatile. The Wifi was huge for me, and if I needed GPS, I could get a keychain receiver. But now, with the 8900 on the horizon, I've been fully converted.

GPS. Wifi. Spaced Keys. High-res screen. 3.2 camera. Zippy processor. Sexy form factor. It's got everything I need nearly everything I could want.

Most gripes stem from the lack of 3G, but for me, it's a non-issue. The nearest 3G network is over an hour away, and I'd still have to use AT&T. No thank you.

The only thing that I could possibly ask for is a touch screen a-la-Treo. The combination of QWERTY and touch is impossible to beat for functionality.

I can't wait.

My 2 cents

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Any pics of this phone?

Xader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    I've got a good one, but I can't post it (Stack 1)

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    This is the next BB on my list, and the storm too if a GSM version comes out.....YES i am an addict lol
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Xader, Have you seen the Bold (9000)?? ORR the touchscreen blackberry storm?? Bold has gps, 3g and wifi all in one
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    I'm interested! I'm gonna get it! My Next BB!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    I would like the Bold, but at this rate I think I will have to settle for an Unlocked 8900
    Yessir.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

NeoLogic no está en línea Stack level 2
    So, 3.5mm headphone jack I hope!! That could be a deal breaker for me if they use the usb port. Also, any clue as to what price it might be when released?
    The day Micro$haft makes something that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum.

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinetteL3 View Post
    Well I'm very patient. =)
    Ur not an addict than...haha jokalan

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLogic View Post
    So, 3.5mm headphone jack I hope!! That could be a deal breaker for me if they use the usb port. Also, any clue as to what price it might be when released?
    every new bb has a 3.5mm jack. I would say around 500-700

map1978 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    every new bb has a 3.5mm jack. I would say around 500-700
    woah buddy, I think your a little high there. that is not consumer friendly and would never happen. I'm sure your estimate is a unbranded unlocked version. I would say 400-500 but that might be high. You can get a E71 with 3G, wifi, a-gps, fm radio, and a phone built like a tank for $400...

so again I don't think it will be a crazy price (my opinion of course)

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    woah buddy, I think your a little high there. that is not consumer friendly and would never happen. I'm sure your estimate is a unbranded unlocked version. I would say 400-500 but that might be high. You can get a E71 with 3G, wifi, a-gps, fm radio, and a phone built like a tank for $400...

so again I don't think it will be a crazy price (my opinion of course)
    Well the flip is almost 400, and has nothing. So i don think it would be nuts. tho the bold goes for 700. i bought mine for 900 actually

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Quote Originally Posted by mac14x View Post
    Well the flip is almost 400, and has nothing. So i don think it would be nuts. tho the bold goes for 700. i bought mine for 900 actually
    i can see the flip dropping its price within four months, thats one of those phones theyll want to push to new customers, me having a 300 min plan, unlimited text, fav 5 and data runs me about $90 a month! Its a gold mine. I dont see the new curve going over 500.
    phatman the phat stacker!

PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    i can see the flip dropping its price within four months, thats one of those phones theyll want to push to new customers, me having a 300 min plan, unlimited text, fav 5 and data runs me about $90 a month! Its a gold mine. I dont see the new curve going over 500.
    u on tmo? Dang i get 450 min per month plus rollovers, unlimited txt/data/ international txting and i pay about 80, sometimes more

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by antoinetteL3 View Post
    Well I'm very patient. =)
    Believe me the moment I get something solid, I will be updating everyone.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast