I just purchased a new computer with vista home premium, i went to install a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kam2958 no está en línea Stack level 2

jad files, 4.5 dm and vista - help please

Advertisement

I just purchased a new computer with vista home premium, i went to install a new 4.5 theme (zip) and I can't. I can't get it into the dm. I have a 8330 running 4.5 and 4.5 dm on the computer. I had no problem when I was running xp with the 4.5 - vista problem? Is there any way around this? I thought I read to use 4.3 dm, but doesn't the dm and software on the device have to be the same. I prefer the 4.5 overall. Right now I'm so frazzled with the whole thing I can't think straight. I also get a message when I connect the device to the dm, that I need to update the dm, when I try - there is't one, I've even gotten a win 32 warning - please if there is anyone out there that can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    .jad files are meant to be installed over the air and not with the desktop manager. I think you should try surfing to the web page with the .jad file on your Blackberry and click the .jad file link. The theme will install direct to the phone.
    On the other hand if your confusing the two or I read the title and post wrong try unzipping the zip file and place all the files into a folder. When installing a theme with the DM point to the file folder that contains the .alx file you unzipped.
    Last edited by srl7741; 03-25-2009 at 10:37 PM.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I have Vista Ultimate, have heard of some people having issues with home premium. Try upgrading to 4.5 DM I think you'll find this will work better and help with vista

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    DM 4.6 works well with M$ Vista HP.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sorrry, it was a zip file. Like I said big frustration problem here. I can use a different DM? I have both 4.5 on phone and DM - used sprints 4.5 for device off of rim's site, they did not have a dm upgrade - stopped at 4.3.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    There is no required link between DM version and device firmware version.

As has been suggested, try 4.6. Get it from blackberry.com. I personally use 4.7 on Vista Ultimate 32 but some report they have probs with 4.7.

Are you opening the zip and all there is inside is a jad? If so the theme creator screwed up.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    If there is a jad file and not an ALX file in it then you can take all of the install files and put them on your BB's Media card (in same directory) then go in thru Media Player/Explore/ and find the files highlight the jad file and press menu/open. It should then install onto your device.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

just wanted to say thanks to everyone - finally (somehow) got it to work - thanks for taking the time to help

lidgett no está en línea Stack level 1