So I'm pleased as punch that my Curve came with a 3.5mm headset so that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Three-Star Dave no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Jacked up

Advertisement

So I'm pleased as punch that my Curve came with a 3.5mm headset so that I can listen to MP3s -- but I don't actually use that functionality. I do have, though, several very comfy wired phone-mic headsets, but they're all 2.5mm.

I could use my Bluetooth headphone, but, for various reasons, that's often less convenient.

So ... is anyone aware of a 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male adapter to allow me to plug all my existing headsets into my spiffy new Curve? There's nothing listed as a BB accessory, and I've seen stuff going the other way (3.5mm headset to 2.5mm jack), but nothing that goes the way I want.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Jacked up

i would try somewhere like radio shack, best buy or fryes?

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

The Shack's probably your best bet. or Ebay.
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

i bought some body glove ear phones that came with one of those adapters at radioshack

Cool. So ... there isn't something RIM-specific about the jack configuration on either end that's going to screw me up by going for a "standard" 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapter? Cool.

timn2bama no está en línea Stack level 2

Radioshack!

I went to Radio Shack but all they had was stuff going the other way (3.5mm male reduced to 2.5mm).

wingnutsglory no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Three-Star Dave View Post
    I went to Radio Shack but all they had was stuff going the other way (3.5mm male reduced to 2.5mm).
    I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Why not use the inscluded standard headphones, they do hands free and listening in stereo?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

There was a huge post about that here that was saying where they bought the adaptor----i think it was Seidio?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

You could also get a bluetooth adaptor that lets you use your own headphones as a handsfree set (I believe that they have both 2.5 mm and 3.5 mm adapters).

You could also trade me your Curve for my Pearl. There problem solved as it has a 2.5 mm jack, one of the reasons that I upgraded to the Curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Caspan View Post
    I think every one is missing one thing that is different between a 3.5 mm jack and a 2.5 mm jack. Grab a pair of head phones and a car headset and compare the ends. one has the 2.5mm jack has 4 connectors the 3.5 mm jack has 3 connectors.

3.5 needs only 3 for Left, Right, Ground
    2.5 needs 4 for speaker, speaker ground, Mic, Mic Ground

http://www.1800mobiles.com/stereo-3-5mm-earbud-headset.html
    if you look at that page you will see they sell 3.5mm head set jack for the curve so there must be 4 prongs in the plug

So you have to make sure you get a BB 3.5mm 4 prong to headset 2.5mm 4 prong

Just something to keep in mind cause you can get 2.5 mm 3 prong jacks its not proprietary to headset for phones

Your info is not correct. The connections are for left speaker, right speaker, ground, and mic. The BB has the 4 conductor plugs because both the 2.5 mm and the 3.5 mm jacks are capable of stereo output aa well as hands free. It is not a proprietry jack, just a mobile stereo handsfree compatible one (that other devices capable iof the same configurations use). The standard three conductor mobile device headset is mono, therefor it has speaker, ground, and mic.
    Connectors of other configurations may work, but they will sometimes key the redial when plugged in or they won't line up correctly and then you will not have clear sound (it will crackle as the device shakes), no sound at all, or you will only have sound out of one ear.

cky1billion no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24236b05

If I may weigh in here. The part you are looking for is readily available on ebay for like 2-5 dollars from about a billion people there, which 3-10 dollar shipping. I do understand what you want, its an adapter to allow you to use a wired 2.5mm headser with the current 3.5mm headset found on the curve. They have plenty of them and they are cheap enough that you could get 4 for you will probably pay at RS, even if they did have one, or seido.

Here it's 3.49 shipped:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/3-5mm-Plug-to-2-...QQcmdZViewItem

The point was not necessarily true as it depends on how the headset you are using is spaced and whether it would match up or not. Sometimes certain headsets have spacing large enough that they do work, and I was just stating what they are used for as you made it a point to break them down. Also you would need a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm convertor that would allow a mono headset to work with the 4 conductor jack (doesn't have to be a 4 to 4 as long as it works, it could be a 3 conductor to 4 conductor convertor if you are just wanting a mono headset to work, the fourth conductor wouldn't be necessary).