I posted last week regarding IX having server issues and their lack of response to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down IX Web Hosting stops supporting BB!!!

Advertisement

I posted last week regarding IX having server issues and their lack of response to my Trouble Tickets. Well.... here is their response:

We must regretfully inform you about the Blackberry problem outcome. We had to temporarily block all IMAP connections from the Blackberry users since they cause a huge load on the server when establishing and keeping multiple simultaneous IMAP connections. We have tried to figure the possible way out or walk around for this situation, but there appeared to be none, as the number of made connections exceeds all reasonable measures for the shared mail server. You may start using any other regular mail client to manage your mail and setup filters to reduce the amount of coming spam, where you will be able to use IMAP if you wish to. No mail client eats that many server resources, so it is still possible for you to use IMAP that works more stably after the actions we have taken. This led the Blackberry block from temporary to permanent. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use Blackberry with us any more. We really apologize for the inconvenience and hope for your patience and understanding. We thank you for your cooperation in advance.

Now I need to look for a new Web Hosting company.

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: IX Web Hosting stops supporting BB!!!

What does this mean? I am a current user of IXWebhosting and I wasn't aware that they "supported" BlackBerry at all. Does this mean that emails that I currently use through them will no longer work?

That is what happened to me. It will sometimes work, sometimes not. They are saying they will not support Blackberry emails.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try inmotion...they are pretty good

I'll take a look. Thanks.

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3

I went through something similar with my hosting company, that was before I used blackberry's and it turned out to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I am currently keeping my hosting for the web part but all emails go through google using their Google Apps service. You get everything a gmail user gets, using your own domain. Best thing of all, it's free; unless you want their 24x7 support and 99% availability.

I'll take a look.

Hello
    Thank you for writing to the support team.

I regret, but we do not support Blackberry devices, because they keeps too many connections open through the IMAP, and this is causing overload of IMAP service and can also cause slowness of Horde WebMail. I regret, but we do not plan to support this devices.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us anytime, we are available 24/7.
    Kind regards,
    Alexander Karamushko
    Technical Support

After as much research as I could afford to put into it, I choose Host Gator.