Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Where are you getting the idea of 55mb of free space from? That device would ... BlackBerry Curve forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Where are you getting the idea of 55mb of free space from? That device would never have that.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bbcurve5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20887fee
    FILE TOTAL:55,312,384(55 basically) on the box it says 55mb of free space

Exactly, file total, that total amount includes the OS. Is that the exact wording on the box? 55mb of free space????
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    ok you got me, i guess... so the blackberry curve comes with 55mb of space. then you have the OS(includes programs) which takes up 20 of MB space just about??? because after researching it seems no one can get pass 30mb of free space.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I think you're getting the 8320 confused with the 8330. The 8330 comes with that much memory. Not sure about the 8900 and the 9xxx series.

Yes, your OS is def gonna take up well over 20mb even with serious pruning. But, you will probably always need to reset at least 2 times per week even if you get up over 20mb file free. I got into the habit of doing a reset before I jumped in the shower in the morning, or as I was going to bed, sometime when I knew I wouldn't need it for a few minutes. Let it free up some memory so it will run more smoothly.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    ok i see. I didnt know a OS takes up that much space....well right now I have 15mb so after clearing the cache i guess i should have 18mb so thats as good as i'll prob. get it.....Thanks tho.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    The WIFI takes up a bit of the OS also.

I average between 10-18 MB on my 8120 (Try not to go below 10 MB or your BB will start deleting call and message logs to make room) and have my BB set up to turn itself off every night to reclaim space. Clearing the browser cache and event log (hold down the ALT key on the lower left side, and type the letters L G L G) will gain some memory back also. I do this daily since I chat, use the phone, and surf on my 8120.

Do you have a media card? I noticed you changed the media settings in a previous post. Transfer your music, pictures and other media to that.

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    music and videos and pictures save to the mem card..i just changed a setting the MOD to me to change(reserve space) it was set to 15mb now its at 5mb. and the setting right under that is set to 0 mb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12