Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i've deleted all the messengers except yahoo. and everything else that came with the BB ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bbcurve5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20887fee

Question I've deleted everything/apps. Why mem so low still??

Advertisement

i've deleted all the messengers except yahoo. and everything else that came with the BB curve 8320 except myspace/bb messsenger. I only have Opera installed.

so once I Erase all my cache from both browsers my file free space ALWAYS go back to 16mb, ALWAYS.(17,485,690) I called tmobile and they say " the blackberry needs _____ amount of memory to run programs" so basically I just have 16mb of free space to use on a blackberry curve 8320.

is there a way I can get my space back up to 55mb? I'm just tired of taking the battery out EVERYDAY.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    You won't get 55mb free on an 8320. What is it down to at the end of the day before the battery pull? Also you can reset by pressing and holding Alt/Rt Shift/Del at the same time, no need to actually pull the battery
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    at the end of the day? its prob. like 5mb left. I never check. when that hourglass stays on for more than 5secs thats when I usually pulls it. I'm thinking I should atlease get more than 16mb of mem tho......

like what program is using all my space(everything saves to mem stick)

Most of your memory is taken up by the OS. You could delete a few more things and make some adjustments to some settings and probably get it up over 20mb. What OS version are you running?
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    4.5.0.81.....platform:2.7.0.78

I never used device manager cd. Also Tmobile Rep. helped me deleted tons of stuff last month and change it to where I dont have to clear logs anymore(LGLG+alt) no calender and other stuff I dont use... I have like 12 saved texts but texts not going to eat my mem like that. and maybe like 48 email/texts but again that shouldnt take all my mem(no pics messages)

That's a small amount of messages, shouldn't be a problem. You could remove the VAD(voice activated dialing) if you don't use it. Also did you remove Help, extra languages, do you have very many themes?

Also go to media/options/ and reduce device memory limit to 5mb and set the reserved pictures memory to 0
    Twitter? My Apps List

penpen72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you have Aerize Card loader, to my knowledge, thats the only way to save things to the stick. ~via smartphone~
    Last edited by penpen72; 02-08-2009 at 07:07 PM.

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    I dont think myspace saves things to the mem stick.....

Ok i changed the limit to 5mb. and the picture limit was already on 0..... yeah tmobile helped me deleted some things last month like the extra languages. I have no themes. VAD?? I never used that so I guess I can take it off. Hope I can download it if I ever want it.

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    so that prob. gave me about 10 free mb(since it was on 15mb now its on 5mb)

my questions is can I atlease get into the 30 or 40 range of free MB...

penpen72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    That's a small amount of messages, shouldn't be a problem. You could remove the VAD(voice activated dialing) if you don't use it. Also did you remove Help, extra languages, do you have very many themes?

Also go to media/options/ and reduce device memory limit to 5mb and set the reserved pictures memory to 0

How do you remove the voice activated dialing? Also, can anyone tell me how to remove the Fox News and a Weather push that I delete from the browser channels? I click delete, but they keep coming back!
    Last edited by penpen72; 02-08-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Well if you have your BB OS installed on your PC you can remove the VAD .cod files from the java folder or rename the file extensions(like add a 1 so they become .cod1), then when you hook your BB to the Desktop manager it will see them as unrecognized modules and remove them fro your BB. Or you could use a free app called maxmem to remove it. It also allows removal of other things like pre-loaded themes, but removing them can cause other issues so be careful.

As far as the push stuff goes, go back to the mobile.blackberry.com site, find the weather push and unsubscribe there on the site.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by bbcurve5 View Post
    so that prob. gave me about 10 free mb(since it was on 15mb now its on 5mb)

my questions is can I atlease get into the 30 or 40 range of free MB...
    No way you will get that high, you could delete memo, tasks, password keeper, brickbreaker, just about everything and maybe get into the high twenties with some serious modding but honestly, if you get it up to about 18 or so you should be fine. If you get it to 18 after a reset and are still going down to 5 before the ens of the day, then one of your 3rd party apps has to be causing it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    right now i have 14,181,475(13mb) so after clearing my cache maybe that will get me 18mb i suppose.. but still I feel I can gain more than that.....

Bricker is deleted already. password keeper is too...far as memo and task I use that every once in a while.(wow those 2 take up alot of space?)

PIN/ID
    20887fee
    tmobile helped me delete alot of thing(go into options:applications. and also options:applications:modules. to delete stuff I told them I would never use.

so much for the 55mb of free space....more like 20mb of free space.

No, they are not that big, but you seemed determined to get it as high as possible......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast