Aloha, after a very very long wait 4 the new version of os 4.5 since ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648

It's TIME 2 UPGRADE?

Advertisement

Aloha, after a very very long wait 4 the new version of os 4.5 since april n been very very NERVOUS i will like to take a chance despite all the warning from tmo n some stackers n update my software, but i will like some smart n patience fellow stacker to guide me step by step on how to do it. After all this waiting n dont want to mess it up. So [lz HELP ME PLZ. I also deserve been up to date like some of u guys. PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ, PLZ.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro

try this

hello,
    first things first:
    1: get the latest os for your device
    check out this thread:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

2: while that is downloading I'd recommend getting DM 4.5 but if you have 4.3 it will work just fine (note: DM= Desktop Manager)
    if you need\want to upgrade go here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

just click on the pull down menu and select the appropriate DM

now after you have run and installed both of these things you will need to look into
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" and delete a file labeled
    "vendor.xml"

Hook up your BB to your computer and back it up. it will probably tell you that there are system files that it needs to update. you can either confirm the update (which will take you to a screen that will ask you if you want to back your BB up, select yes) or you can cancel and back up your BB. Either way make sure you back up your BB.

Just in case something goes wrong and you have a backup you needn't worry.

if you decide to let it update your phone right away, after it makes your back up continue through the rest of the screens and it will load the new OS onto your phone. DO NOT INTERRUPT this process the phone needs to remain hooked up to your computer while it is loading the new files. it will restart and have the Hour Glass for a long time DO NOT disconnect your phone. not until it returns to the normal home screen should you remove your USB cable. If you go this route after the phone returns to the home screen it should have all of your contacts and personal info restored on the phone automatically.

If you decide to make a backup yourself (non automated) after the back up is complete go into app loader and continue to the next screen and it will tell you that there are system updates available for the phone. continue through and it will start removing old OS files and putting new ones on. once again DO NOT REMOVE the USB cable until this process is finished. it could take up to 30min maybe even 45 (I doubt the 45) just be patient (note: if you make your own backup and then go through app loader to put the new OS on your device, after it is finishes updating you will need to load the info from your backup file to get your contacts, E-mails, calendar stuff and whatnot back)

for a bit more info check out this thread:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...296#post854296

I hope this helps somewhat.
    let me know if I can be of any assistance to you
    pin or PM me
    my pin: 31a52e1c
    good luck
    -Luciferseamus
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

howly23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just purchased the curve 8320 and am wondering if the upgrade to 4.5 will affect my tmobile service. I have the my faves plan. is the 4.5 os compatible with it? Please help. I would love to have the video option and download some of the 4.5 themes.

a clockwork orange !!! how demented!! love it!!haha

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Good luck with your upgrade , let us know how it comes out. Take care. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

howly23:
    I have an Employee who is with Tmo and he upgraded his 8100 to the new 4.5 OS and he has not had any troubles I don't know what the my faves thing is but I would imagine it would still work. but if it doesn't you can always restore your phone from a backup (as long as you made one)
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

oh and YEAH I'm going to make a clockwork orange theme it's gonna be SWEET!!!!!

Sweet! Thanks For The Info.

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    i need help... i cant seem to find the 4.5 os for my phone...only the desk top manger
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

wrxboi check out this thread
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86
    your current OS is 4.5 if your looking for your 8300

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648
    Aloha STACKERS....
    Yes i DID IT!!!! N I LUV IT... but few questions. what is the new email html i should have 'cause i dont c nothing. n how doc 2 go works. what r the new features of this version 4.5
    THX to all of u guys who help me how to install it now tell me what to do with it. thx again.

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2
    i wanna get it...i want it bad on my 8830WE, but am on alltel and will be 7 years before they wake up and release it. any help with cdma would be great
    glad its working for you sorash