Okay so I've been using BB products for a while now and I've had my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aiquoc23 no está en línea Stack level 1

It's that "0 bytes" memory question again!

Advertisement

Okay so I've been using BB products for a while now and I've had my curve since November and I absolutely LOVE IT more and more each day, especially after applying the skin from bestskinsever.com last week hehe

But my question is about the memory! I wouldn't say that I have a whole lot of applications. I currently have: Gmail, Facebook, Opera Mini, Jivetalk, GoogleSync, and ONE theme...all of my mp3s/ringtones are saved on my 2GB SD card.

I deleted the sample video and all of the languages that I do not use. At MOST I've seen about 11MG of free memory...but within an hour or two, it DROPS dramatically to 5-6MB and then hovers at a low 1-2MB...where is this memory going! I'm tired of always having to remember to take the battery out each night!

Also, is there any way to decrease the amount of time that the calendar keeps appointments? I read how to do it but I didn't see the option...

I think that's all the questions I have for now...I wish I could free up MORE memory Other than that, I love everything about the phone!

evanbrantley20 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Mine used to do the same thing. I deleted all the apps and games I didn't use by going under advanced options then applications. Then I hid all tha stuff I need but never use on my menu. I went from pulling my battery twice a day to maybe once a week. Hope this helps

volkanerkan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    Hi, if you reinstall OS, I am sure everything will be fine. Mine used has max 15 megabytes free, when I reinstalled it, I have 22 mg now, no leak etc. - have like google mapsk webmessenger, yahoo, gtalk, viigoo, etc.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    For the calender , go to options and go to line 'keep appoinments'

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Okay 2 things...

When I go to Calendar, I don't have an option or line that says 'keep appointments'...perhaps it's due to the fact that it's not updated?

Also, if I reinstall the OS (how do I do that btw?), will it reset everything to default?

And will I have to reinstall everything?

PIN/ID
    252B8E82
    If you install the latest 4.2 version, everything should be fine. Yes, you have reinstall Gmail, Facebook, Opera Mini, Jivetalk, GoogleSync, etc what ever you had installed

thanks!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    You shouldn't have to reinstall. It should automatically back up and reload---at least mine always has.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?