Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Apparently, the new blackberry curve by T-Moble using BIS, and it comes with an IT ... BlackBerry Curve forum

darkhalodcss no está en línea Stack level 2

IT Policy On BB 8320 T-Mobile

Advertisement

Apparently, the new blackberry curve by T-Moble using BIS, and it comes with an IT Policy. I could be wrong, but tell that to me after people see that i have my firewall enabled and locked. So far with my firewall enabled and locked, i cant send files using jivetalk. I've called T-Moble and they couldnt help me. They transfered me to RIM and they couldnt help me. If you haven't experience this problem, then your lucky, as for me, i have to live with a locked BB. Sucks to be me.

If anyone has figured a way to unlocked the firewall, i would be happy to hear how.
    For Some reason.......... Nevermind

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Re: IT Policy On BB 8320 T-Mobile

What do you mean your firewall is enabled?? It cant have a It policy out the box and without BES
    BB8900 is mine!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

SO are you checking your Firewall options? And you're saying they cannot be changed?

tdawg is right it shouldn't have a IT policy out of box and without BES.

We need a bit more info to help you out.

I'm serious, I've chat with rim and they said that t-mobile placed it there. I talk to t-mobile and they have no idea what they are doing.it was working fine when I first got it, I don't know what happen.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

well just remove the policy via DM or wipe the phone whatever you preference
    BB8900 is mine!

it cant be removed, unless you know a method of removing it.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i suspect that the phone was used by a rep and put it on the tmobile bes. And that is impossible to remove exchange would be the best option. Or live with it.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Actually being on a bis you wouldn't have an IT policy and if it was it would be a blank policy and that would me you would have firewalls disabled. you might want to check to make sure that you weren't accidentally set up on a BES, if you were your firewall wold be enabled

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandgold52
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i suspect that the phone was used by a rep and put it on the tmobile bes. And that is impossible to remove exchange would be the best option. Or live with it.
    Agreed. I would simply exchange it.

I exchanged it today, they gave me a brand new BB 8320. i went home and pluged it in to get rid of some of the applications i dont use, and guess what came back, that stupid little lock and the enaled firewall. its rediculous that i cant even use my BB the way i want to and even if i get a new one, i will have to be like a parinoid freek constantly checking my firewall to see if its still disabled. its kinda sad. Im ready to put a hammer to my BB ive never been this angry at a phone in my life.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by darkhalodcss
    I exchanged it today, they gave me a brand new BB 8320. i went home and pluged it in to get rid of some of the applications i dont use, and guess what came back, that stupid little lock and the enaled firewall. its rediculous that i cant even use my BB the way i want to and even if i get a new one, i will have to be like a parinoid freek constantly checking my firewall to see if its still disabled. its kinda sad. Im ready to put a hammer to my BB ive never been this angry at a phone in my life.
    You know if you went to two phone and its enabled its something on your end.. Apparently your desktop manager is enabling it. I dont see how you can blame BB for this when no has duplicated this problem. If doesnt have a IT policy name or applied under the security settings then it is no policy.
    BB8900 is mine!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by darkhalodcss
    That is soooo not right or normal. (wonder if a batch for some awful reason got sent out with an IT policy on it as a mess up) My best suggestion to get it fixed would be to follow this thread. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...licy_help.html
    Or if you prefer return the curve altogether and then go to a different tmobile store and hope that they do not have the same issue. Maybe they have a different batch shippment. Definitaley ODD.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    You know if you went to two phone and its enabled its something on your end.. Apparently your desktop manager is enabling it. I dont see how you can blame BB for this when no has duplicated this problem. If doesnt have a IT policy name or applied under the security settings then it is no policy.
    Maybe i am not aware, but how would the desktop manager manage to put an it policy (or a lock that woudl give a similar error) on the device? This is not the first person i have talked to that has had a brand new curve have this issue. I just figured someone had returned it under buyers remorse the first time but this seems like something else is up.

PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Backup/restore option from the Desktop manager. Or using your work DM to reload your settings..... Not blaming DM but what it restoring.....
    BB8900 is mine!

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    Backup/restore option from the Desktop manager. Or using your work DM to reload your settings..... Not blaming DM but what it restoring.....
    Again, not try to be argumentative but rather trying to understand, assuming s/he is on the BIS as her profile suggests and assuming s/he was not on the BES how would an IT policy slip into the backup and restore or on the phone at all. Are you suggesting the possibilty that the policy was there on the previous device unknown to the owner and that transfered over when they restored the info to the new phone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast