After downloading ota vlingo shows an icon on my app list. When I attempt to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

josh.jude no está en línea Stack level 2

Issues with vlingo

Advertisement

After downloading ota vlingo shows an icon on my app list. When I attempt to access this application, it takes forever and then it comes up error about the modules. It says that its trying to access a secure API can someone please help me?!?!?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Are you on a BES (BB for work) or BIS? Did you set all permissions to allow?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    This does sound like a permission error. I upgraded to a beta on my 8900 which locked my Firewall to on and I had a lot of trouble with Vlingo. It seemed to set my Firewall off constantly, so it's another option to check.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

josh.jude no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't use a business account.. Just you're everyday blackberry user... How do I set permissions for this?

zalesi07 Guest
    Options>security options>application permissions

DaBlackberryBoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    URADUMAS
    Quote Originally Posted by zalesi07 View Post
    Options>security options>application permissions
    zalesi07,
    I tried to get Vlingo to work on my 9530 unlocked to TMobile and their support told me that it could not be done. What carrier / technology (GSM or CDMA) do you have and have you had similar issues? I really like the app and want to get it to work but it does not look promising.
    DaBlackberryBoy
    -- http://wardmitchelljr.com --

zalesi07 Guest
    I have the storm on verizon. I had that issue but I just set all the permissions to allow on all of them.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
    zalesi07,
    I tried to get Vlingo to work on my 9530 unlocked to TMobile and their support told me that it could not be done. What carrier / technology (GSM or CDMA) do you have and have you had similar issues? I really like the app and want to get it to work but it does not look promising.
    Who told you it can't be done and what issues are you having?

Also for anyone else with troubles try checking out the Vlingo for BlackBerry FAQ here.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

DaBlackberryBoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    URADUMAS
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Who told you it can't be done and what issues are you having?

Also for anyone else with troubles try checking out the Vlingo for BlackBerry FAQ here.
    Vlingo support told me that I had a 9530 that was unlocked and that it could not detect the data connection on startup and would not be usuable possibly because of the way it was unlocked. That came from Vlingo tech support direct. I hated to hear that because I liked what the app does. If someone is running Vlingo on a 9530 on TMobile unlocked to TMobile, let me know. I like the program but had a heck of a time trying to get past the data connection detection portion when you first launch Vlingo 3.0 and have since uninstalled and got a refund for the pro purchased.
    DaBlackberryBoy
    -- http://wardmitchelljr.com --

spenny no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.jude View Post
    After downloading ota vlingo shows an icon on my app list. When I attempt to access this application, it takes forever and then it comes up error about the modules. It says that its trying to access a secure API can someone please help me?!?!?

Josh - The secure API problem commonly occurs on AT&T phones using the MediaNet WAP browser. The easiest solution will be to download Vlingo using a different browser on the phone, such as the Internet, WiFi, or BlackBerry browser if they are available on the phone. Before you do, I'd suggest deleting the existing copy that's already on your phone.

The other alternative would be to sideload using Desktop Manager. I don't have permission to post a link to the sideload file on Pinstack, but go to Vlingo dot com and then go to /apps/blackberry/vv/3.0.3/vlingo_free/vlingoForBlackBerry_en_sideload.zip.