Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

yeah its an 8100. its unlocked from T mobile. Working Cable and wireless in Jamaica... BlackBerry Curve forum

rory2g no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Advertisement

yeah its an 8100. its unlocked from T mobile. Working Cable and wireless in Jamaica

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rory2g View Post
    ................go onto youtube now have not been able to play any video yet but .............
    Rory,
    The 8100 is not capable of playing video. I believe the technology is not built into it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

peterc01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25576A1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Cheers, Peter! Welcome to PinStack!

There is an official release of the 4.5 OS for your device, so between that, taking jblackfish's advice to back up your device and the great folks here on the Stacks, you should feel relatively comfortable upgrading your OS. Here are detailed instructions on how to go about doing so:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929

Where on S. Africa are you? Spent 6 weeks in Jo'Burg back in '96 on a project. Got to tour Pilanesburg Game Reserve and also made a trip down to the Durban coast for a weekend.

Good luck!

Roger

Howzit RoGro
    Thanks for the info, Ive only had this thing a week and am hooked, I here peeps doing the OS upgrade and saying how much faster it is.
    Im in Port Elizabeth been here for 18 yrs Was in Pretoria for 10yrs before that.

Thanks to lblackfish aswel................l

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i play videos on it before. i ahve load videos on it and the played with out much problems. and the played a little better since i have the new OS installed. these videos are load on the media card

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    i play videos on it before. i ahve load videos on it and the played with out much problems. and the played a little better since i have the new OS installed. these videos are load on the media card
    The only thing I can think of then is that your APN settings are still set for TMO and you'll need to get the appropriate settings for your carrier.

This list should help you determine what they need to be:

http://www.activexperts.com/mmstoolkit/mmsclist/

Sorry - misinformed you. It's the streaming video that it's not able to do, like utube, etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I used to have a Pearl and never could get it to do it. I don't use it much any more but I don't think 4.5 can help on a Pearl - can anyone confirm?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

The only thing I can think of then is that your APN settings are still set for TMO and you'll need to get the appropriate settings for your carrier.

This list should help you determine what they need to be:

http://www.activexperts.com/mmstoolkit/mmsclist/
    or try this one for APN settings.

Not sure what the steps are on your device, but in general you go to Options>Advanced Options>TCP and replace the current settings with those of your carrier which in this case appear to be:

APN: wap.digiceljamaica.com
    Username: wapuser
    Password: wap03jam

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Sorry - misinformed you. It's the streaming video that it's not able to do, like utube, etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I used to have a Pearl and never could get it to do it. I don't use it much any more but I don't think 4.5 can help on a Pearl - can anyone confirm?
    Thanks, JB. I'm not sure either, but thought I would provide him with the APN info.

I was going to provide the link you posted, but I didn't see any Jamaican providers on there.

Thanks, JB. I'm not sure either, but thought I would provide him with the APN info.

I was going to provide the link you posted, but I didn't see any Jamaican providers on there.
    Right, sorry. I'm getting out of it. You're doing fine - didn't mean to barge in.

No worries! Thanks for your help!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Not sure what the steps are on your device, but in general you go to Options>Advanced Options>TCP and replace the current settings with those of your carrier which in this case appear to be:

APN: wap.digiceljamaica.com
    Username: wapuser
    Password: wap03jam
    I am with Cable and wireless. one the link it only has internet fro their APN settings

No worries! Thanks for your help!
    BTW from previous post, video streaming doesn't work or a Pearl, does it? - 4.5 or not. (????)

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    BTW from previous post, video streaming doesn't work or a Pearl, does it? - 4.5 or not. (????)
    I really don't know.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i think it does awaiting confirmation.....

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=81731

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast