Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by Bnorwood1 Just go to m.youtube.com and it's pretty basic from there! Superfast ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bnorwood1 View Post
    Just go to m.youtube.com and it's pretty basic from there!
    Superfast response there buddy. Thanks!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by gots2beme View Post
    Superfast response there buddy. Thanks!!
    That's how we roll 'round here!

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    That's how we roll 'round here!
    Thanks for the welcome. I am sooooooo glad I found this place. It's like I have a brand new Bberry now!

rory2g no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    any other major changes you guys coming across after you upgrade? Need to know before i do my upgrade.

You think i should wait a while or go and do the upgrade??
    Can we downgrade to the previous OS on the phone if dont like the new one??

What device do you have, rory?

You can always downgrade so no worries there.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have a 8100

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Have you upgraded before or is this your first time? It is very easy to upgrade or downgrade if it comes to that. As to the noticeables of the new OS: html email (pictures) would be the main new thing for you. The 8100 has a video camera right? If not, that would be new also. Whether or not you want to upgrade is a touchy subject b/c many say to wait till it comes out for your carrier, however, as long as you delete the vendor.xml file there is no reason to worry.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have just installed the new OS so far it looks pretty good the objects seem alot sharper and it has a slightly differnet feel to it. the browser seems to have improved seeing that a can now go onto youtube now have not been able to play any video yet but atleast i got their with an error when i click on the videos.

i have notice one significant thing which i dont like when ever i get a message the indicator stays on even after a check the message. why does this happen??
    its bit annoying to watch this light on as if something is wrong the phone ( or is it ) how can i go about getting it off after i check my messages??

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24718CA7
    Wait, your youtube does NOT work? That part is a little confusing... If it does not work, do a battery pull. That should fix it. As to the other question, are you talking about the LED? Or the Message Icon at the top of the screen? The simplest solution would be to do a battery pull. If it is your LED (and the battery pull did not work), go into your messages and push the menu button, go to today's date, push the menu button, then scroll up to "mark prior opened." See if that helps, if not, someone probably sent you a text or email and it is still reading it that you have a new one. I had this problem once and had the person send me another BB Messenger message (which is what caused it on mine) and it stopped blinking. Let me know if any of that works.
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

peterc01 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25576A1
    Hi there Guys Im over hear in South Africa with my BB 8310 running on os4.2.2.146
    Platform 2.5.0.16 what ever that means. How do I know if it is safe to upgrade

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by peterc01 View Post
    Hi there Guys Im over hear in South Africa with my BB 8310 running on os4.2.2.146
    Always back up your device before ANY updgrade, downgrade or other major activity to your BB. Then you'll be fairly safe.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by rory2g View Post
    i have just installed the new OS so far it looks pretty good the objects seem alot sharper and it has a slightly differnet feel to it. the browser seems to have improved seeing that a can now go onto youtube now have not been able to play any video yet but atleast i got their with an error when i click on the videos.

i have notice one significant thing which i dont like when ever i get a message the indicator stays on even after a check the message. why does this happen??
    its bit annoying to watch this light on as if something is wrong the phone ( or is it ) how can i go about getting it off after i check my messages??
    Rory,

Have you tried a battery pull since upgrading? Give that a try and then I believe everyting will be IRIE, mon!

Quote Originally Posted by peterc01 View Post
    Cheers, Peter! Welcome to PinStack!

There is an official release of the 4.5 OS for your device, so between that, taking jblackfish's advice to back up your device and the great folks here on the Stacks, you should feel relatively comfortable upgrading your OS. Here are detailed instructions on how to go about doing so:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...read.php?t=929

Where on S. Africa are you? Spent 6 weeks in Jo'Burg back in '96 on a project. Got to tour Pilanesburg Game Reserve and also made a trip down to the Durban coast for a weekend.

Good luck!

Roger

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by rory2g View Post

----> when u go to youtube, it opens and appears alrightr i can browse around but i cant play any videos. when i selct a vid to be played it just goes to the media player and stays there.
    the LED stays on even after checking all messages. when i get a message it blinks until i check it, and tehn after checking it, it stays on. the neva happened with the previous OS. after checking the message on the previous OS the light goes out until i get new one.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Rory,

Have you tried a battery pull since upgrading? Give that a try and then I believe everyting will be IRIE, mon!
    yep tried the battery pull

Rory, I forget.....is this an 8100 or another device we're working with here? Is it an unlocked phone from a carrier other than yours? If so, who is your carrier?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast