Have downloaded the official O2 version of os 5 and now trying to update my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2

Issue with updating to OS5 on 8900 on O2

Advertisement

Have downloaded the official O2 version of os 5 and now trying to update my phone. In Device Application Selection there is a message saying - the device does not have enough space for your selections. Select fewer applications. Then shows -Total space available 0kb. Does anyone know how I resolve this so I can upgrade the phone?

Have now resolved this by removing all third pary apps then upgrading. Worked fine and am pleased to say OS5 has made my phone a lot quicker. So far really pleased I've upgraded successfully.
    Last edited by rosiemount; 08-08-2010 at 11:20 AM.

cammio no está en línea Stack level 1

phone in water

Has anyone salvaged their blackberry after droping in water before? Droped my 8900 in the tub for no longer than two seconds after
    I saw it sliping from the side of the tub. Well now it works but intermittently. Works better and better everyday. I was just wondering if it can get
    To where there's no problems.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    cammio, you should remove the battery and wrap the device in a paper towel. Then put it in a ziplock bag filled with rice for at least 24 hours to make sure all the moisture is pulled out of the device.

cammio no está en línea Stack level 1

downloaded new version

Quote Originally Posted by rosiemount View Post
    Have downloaded the official O2 version of os 5 and now trying to update my phone. In Device Application Selection there is a message saying - the device does not have enough space for your selections. Select fewer applications. Then shows -Total space available 0kb. Does anyone know how I resolve this so I can upgrade the phone?

Have now resolved this by removing all third pary apps then upgrading. Worked fine and am pleased to say OS5 has made my phone a lot quicker. So far really pleased I've upgraded successfully.
    So where did you download this version? I have had my phone for almost a year and I'm still running 4.6

rosiemount no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just did a search for os for blackberry 8900 on O2 and it showed OS 5 ready to be downloaded. Downloaded the one top of the list and all seems fine.

wembley99 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ooh, been running an unofficial OS5 for a while now. Time to finally go official. Just wondering what differences there will be between .582 and this .1168 version...