BYTE:47071864 (KB):45968.61719 (MB):44.89123 (GB):0.04384 My bb resets every once in a while... not sure if ... BlackBerry Curve forum

EthanCole Guest

is this normal for memory?

Advertisement

BYTE:47071864
    (KB):45968.61719
    (MB):44.89123
    (GB):0.04384

My bb resets every once in a while... not sure if its due to low memory.
    Last edited by EthanCole; 11-29-2008 at 10:33 AM.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    47 MB is not low memory. Start looking at apps or other things like OS version to find a cause of resets. Low memory typically causes deletion of messages and logs, not resets.

EthanCole Guest
    thanks for the info doughdaddy! I always learn something new everytime lol

apps i have loaded:
    gmail
    facebook
    gmaps
    opera
    aim
    yahoo
    vlingo

I've wiped and reset the phone... reinstalled the OS. 4.5

this only occurs when I stream heavy data in a day or have the media player on.

Here is my take on what you have installed:

gmail - I use all the time and have never had an issue with this
    facebook - Removed because of memory and operation issues
    gmaps - Have and use with no issue
    opera - Uses too much memory and doesn't work right, has frozen my bb before
    aim - Constantly logged me out, never logged in automatically and beejive is better
    yahoo - memory hound and of no real use to me
    vlingo - never used and cannot comment

If anyone else has opinions on these please chime in. This is only my experience with these.

sloancanfield no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31cb99c4
    I have had my 8330 for little over three weeks now and I have no problems with opera yet or with aim but I did delet face book just because I never use it.... And I have a question about media cards...if I get and 8gig card will that help on what game I can download???

Quote Originally Posted by sloancanfield View Post
    I have had my 8330 for little over three weeks now and I have no problems with opera yet or with aim but I did delet face book just because I never use it.... And I have a question about media cards...if I get and 8gig card will that help on what game I can download???
    Only if the game stores files or graphics on the card. All games, themes and apps have to be on the BB internal memory to operate.

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    I think you should be fine, Just get your device checked out and check some of your apps..
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    I have been spectating in Pinstacks for some time now but this is my first post. I have the Curve 8330 and love it.I am getting ready to update the OS to 4.5.?? But use Sprint and have heard mix reviews about upgrading yet, I need to install a 4 GB micro card. Does anyone know if the native sprint OS (4.3 I believe) will handle the new card.Also, do I need to format the new card or just copu the 1GB card I have now over to the new one via My laptop prior to sticking in my 4GB Thanks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have no problems with Opera Mini. I deleted AIM and Yahoo because I use BeeJive (JiveTalk). Don't have Vlingo, GMail or Google Maps. I check my GMail on my PC because I don't get enough messages to have it pushed to my BB.

mondouxd no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think I remember a while back Vlingo having all sorts of problems in that area. I use all of the apps you do on a daily basis and don't get random resets. The only time I get resets is if I am watching too many youtube videos in a row and run out of memory. OS 4.5 isn't perfect, but I can deal with the occasional youtube restart with all of the positives I get from 4.5. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~