Quite by accident, I discovered that typing the abbreviation for 'signature' (s-i-g)--in a text entry ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel

Is This A Shortcut?

Advertisement

Quite by accident, I discovered that typing the abbreviation for 'signature' (s-i-g)--in a text entry field--will bring up my Owner information from my Locked screen. For myself, this happens to be medical information.

Does this happen for anyone else? I've checked my Auto Text, so I'm wondering if it is some sort of shortcut. Couldn't find anything on a search and thought I'd ask.

Also, when you type in 's-i-g', omit the dashes to create the effect.

Please post back with your experiences, I am curious to know if this is something more than a weird fluke.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well I just tried it on my 8130 and it does the same to me. Never noticed it before......but I don't think I've ever used si-g before.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    It's an auto text entry. It is in there. The replacement for sig in your autotext is %O which is the variable indicator for that Owner Information. In your auto text anything preceded by a % in parenthesis is a variable indicator for some special information. Like %p is Phone number, %P is your PIN and %V is you device and software package.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Is there ever an end to all the new stuff to learn???? Thanks rcbjr!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Azstar: Thanks for the test run.

Rcbjr: (NightFire blushes furiously--) I saw that, I simply thought the percent symbol was related to something...statistical.

I guess I'll try Specified Case, and if that doesn't work, delete it altogether. Or is there an importance? An 'in case of emergency' sort of thing?