I know about scrolling the progress bar with the trackball, but if you’re searching in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

montys no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there fast forward/rewind THAT WORKS?

Advertisement

I know about scrolling the progress bar with the trackball, but if you’re searching in a long mp3 for something with finer resolution than a few minutes, you'll learn new levels of frustration…

Is there ANY way to ff/rew with the keypad, and get defined time jumps?

Slow scrolling of the trackball ff/rew 3 sec at a time, while larger movements seems to move about 10% of the total time. But it’s VERY touchy – the difference between small/large movement is extremely hard to control.

This isn't a problem if ff/rew thru something short like a 3-min song – but trying to rewind one minute of an hour-long talk is nearly impossible.
    Rewinding 1-min requires 20 small 3-sec steps, but invariably one of those steps rewinds you in a large chunk. So you FF, which often jumps forward in a different duration. So you find yourself in a seemingly random ff/rew/ff/rew in either 3-sec or ~5-min chunks.

If there were a key press that would move a pre-defined duration – even 3-sec – then you’d just have to press it that many times (ie - 20 times for one minute; but at least it wouldn’t randomly jump to a new section).

Anything like this exist?

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Interesting ? I don't know of any but some one else might. I'd like to know my self.