I want to wipe my phone calendar and start over by syncing with my computer. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Is there a way to delete ALL calendar entries?

Advertisement

I want to wipe my phone calendar and start over by syncing with my computer. Theres so many duplicates in my BB that I dont want to go through and delete them all. Plus for some reason duplicates are on different days and things are wrong, its very annoying.

Is there an easy way to do this?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Is there a way to delete ALL calendar entries?

Open DM and choose backup/restore, then choose Advanced, after all the databases are loaded find the Calendar database on the right, click to highlight and choose clear. That will erase all calendar entries. If you have a "calendar all" clear that too. Click refresh and it should be empty.

Ok, I dont know whats going on here but this is ALL messed up now. When I go back to sync with my calendar all I get are 3 entries FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR. I used to have 200+. On top of that, the only birthdays that were transferred over are a day early.

If it makes any difference, Im using DM on my PC to delete the calendar and then hooking up to my Mac using Pocketsync connecting to my iCal where I have everything stored. In my iCal, theres still everything there but nothing is transferring to my BB.

UGHHHH.
    Last edited by HyperM3; 02-24-2008 at 11:46 PM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't know anything about the imac syncing but I would try doing a one way sync to the device from the imac to overide the entries. You can also try resetting your sync settings.

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't know anything about the imac syncing but I would try doing a one way sync to the device from the imac to overide the entries. You can also try resetting your sync settings.
    I tried all that. For some reason it just keeps trying to recync the same 3 entries(and only for 2007 and 2008) even though I clicked delete prior to 2 days. And I put in keep appointments forever.

This is really annoying.

Like I said, I don't know enough about imac syncing, hopefully someone that does will comment soon.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Like I said, I don't know enough about imac syncing, hopefully someone that does will comment soon.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No, I appreciate your help. In the meantime, I just put all of it back on from the PC even though now I have triples of things(and still on the wrong dates).

What version of Outlook or such app are you using on the PC? I had issues with Outlook 2007 setting the wrong dates after syncing. I ended up going back to Outlook 2003 and that fixed the issue for me. I know the BB is not exactly Mac friendly yet but we all hope RIM will take that to heart and make it so.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

iMac syncing stinks. I use the DM on my Windows to sync. Everytime I use iMac, it seems to double and/or triple sync, leaving me with multiple entries of the same thing. To delete all calendar entries.. refer to Doughdaddy...

I ended up figuring out that I had to go back to 2006 for all my entries and start deleting them from there. Apparently there were multiple entries with different "end" dates. Dont know why and I find it very odd but its all good for now, just time consuming.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

If you are adamant about using your Mac to sync, PocketMac using iSync is not the way to go. It is really bad that we Mac users don't have an option from BB that is sufficient to sync our Macs with our BBs. I would suggest trying Missing Sync. It is a great program that I have used for quite some time. It does cost money, but for me because I exclusively use Macs and refuse to install Parallels, Boot Camp or VM Ware, it is a great application that does a great job.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

Hmm, Im trying to hold off purchasing software as long as I can until things just completely wont work the way I want. I also refuse to use boot camp on my mac. Anyway, looks like Ill just use pocketmac for syncing and my DM on my pc for any updates and backup.