I'm hoping to get some information from all of you Curve 8320 users...I'm looking to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Horovatz no está en línea Stack level 1

Is the BB Curve 8320 for Me??

Advertisement

I'm hoping to get some information from all of you Curve 8320 users...I'm looking to get a Curve but don't know if it will be too much/hard for me to use. I'm not an idiot but my husband handles the computer issues with our PC and won't have patience to keep "fixing" my BB. I'm with TMo and will continue with them with the Curve, if I decide to buy. I like the Curve but am worried that it will be too hard technically for me. I've read about the problems people have had and am afraid I'd be clueless on re-installing this or that, fixing the trackball etc. I do like the fact that the Curve can have my contacts, calendar, and e-mail all in one place, I'm back in school for nursing and have enough books to carry and this all in one phone seems like the answer.

So, will I be in over my head with this?? I see that many of you are helpful to those having problems but I want to be able to use this phone without lots of issues. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Is the BB Curve 8320 for Me??

I personally have the 8100, but I think you will love the 8320. It is a bit to learn at first, but whenever you have a problem just come to pinstack and we will get your problem fixed.

I've had my BB for about 4 months and I have never had to re-install my OS, or take my phone apart. I have never had a problem with my trackball or anything major. It doesn't mean that you won't have any problems, but if you do we are here to help.
    ~Lauren

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Blackberries are very user friendly devices. Once you setup your email you shouldn't have any problems.
    You can browse the internet soon as you get data plan up. Play with Calendar entries and Address book.

I personally never had any problems. but like with any smart phone you might have questions regarding third party apps. GPS or wifi. Blackberries are very powerfull devices with tons of applications. once you get comfortable with basic functions you might want to explore further etc
    Last edited by kentrg; 03-04-2008 at 05:57 PM.

good1988 no está en línea Stack level 3

The Curve is a great phone, it wont be to difficult for you to work with. My girlfriend and I both bought curves and she has no clue about a blackberry but she feel in love with it. As long as you dont try to do anything to difficult that involves messing with the OS(operating system), you should fall in love with the phone like evrey other Curve user. Also the update of the OS in Mid March hopefully will improve the Curve. The phone has many powerful features and very user friendly, you cant go wrong.

Thanks for the above posts and information. Good 1988 mentioned the updated OS in Mid-March...how will I know if my model has the update?? Won't TMo just sell what is in stock first before any of the updated versions?? Is this a question I can ask at time of order??

Thanks again.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

the next OS will be 4.5 it will be available for many BB models including 8320.
    You can check Pinstack RIM BlackBerry News or any other BB News site for release update. Tmobile site should have it up there as well.
    This OS in particular will have tons of great features.

Updating OS isn't difficult. Plug the BB to computer via USB and run the Downloaded OS file.
    It should do everything for you.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Don't forget that you can always come back here for help.

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149

I switched to using the Curve with T-mo from having the LG Chocolate with Verizon. I would definitely say it was well worth it. This is my first smartphone and I had no problems learning. The manual teaches you well enough to use it, and this place teaches you well enough to keep it running.

jaytom no está en línea Stack level 1

It is a great Device. If you are looking to use it on UMA(hot spots@home) make sure Verizon Fios is not your internet provider. I have been working for 3 days to get the wi-fi to work. If you are a newer Fios customer (after jan 1 you should be all set)

aznjewelzz no está en línea Stack level 1

I switched from the 8100 to the 8320 and I love it! When I first got the 8100 I felt a bit overwhelmed with it at first. But I dove right in and started playing with it. After about a week it was my best friend and I was a true addict. The switch from the pearl to the curve was very easy. Had to learn how to type with the different keyboard but that was about the hardest thing. I've never had any problems as far as having to re install anything or take the phone apart. Every now and then it may freeze up but thats easy to fix with a battery pull. It also seem very durable. I have drop my curve countless time, and every time I expect to see it in pieces like my pearl would be. But this little sucker stays intact not a problem! Basically it's a great phone I highly recommend it!

Purplelighting no está en línea Stack level 2

I made a big jump from the 8700C AT&T to the curve I love it I probly dont really use my bb to its full capiblity in fact I know that I dont. But i had a BB before so it really wasnt that hard for me to use once i got it going. Now my wife on the other had she had trouble. But she had a regular phone. is't it nice they are called regular phones now. Stuck with BBS for life never going back !!!!!!!!
    tommy

aznjewelzz no está en línea Stack level 1

I switched from the 8100 to the 8320 and I love it! When I first got the 8100 I felt a bit overwhelmed with it at first. But I dove right in and started playing with it. After about a week it was my best friend and I was a true addict. The switch from the pearl to the curve was very easy. Had to learn how to type with the different keyboard but that was about the hardest thing. I've never had any problems as far as having to re install anything or take the phone apart. Every now and then it may freeze up but thats easy to fix with a battery pull. It also seem very durable. I have drop my curve countless time, and every time I expect to see it in pieces like my pearl would be. But this little sucker stays intact not a problem! Basically it's a great phone I highly recommend it!

SquirrelRN no está en línea Stack level 2

Horovatz, you mentioned that you are in nursing school..the Curve can also function like a PDA. I currently have a drug guide and Mosby's Nursing PDQ on my Curve. They've come in handy quite a few times.

I think you'll be fine, you'll learn as you go and you can come here with questions. My first BB was the Pearl and then the Curve came out, and I don't think I've ever loved a phone like I've loved this one.

Go for it!

Yes, SquirrelRN, I was reading on this site about someone loading drug guides on their phone...yet another reason why this seems like a good fit.

Thanks to everyone for their responses, I will keep reading up and asking any usage questions I might have...I appreciate everyone's input.