Hi. I taked pics with my Blackberry and compared with other Curve, and mines are ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MANX no está en línea Stack level 2

Is something wrong with my BlackBerry Camera?

Advertisement

Hi. I taked pics with my Blackberry and compared with other Curve, and mines are color washed and sometimes granular. Anyone knows about some BBs with camera problems or i had to config with the camera options to take better pics, i had all options in Auto. Thanks

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Re: Is something wrong with my BlackBerry Camera?

I don't have my curve yet but I get very good photos on my pearl. I have the size set to large and picture quality set to superfine.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Quote Originally Posted by MANX View Post
    Hi. I taked pics with my Blackberry and compared with other Curve, and mines are color washed and sometimes granular. Anyone knows about some BBs with camera problems or i had to config with the camera options to take better pics, i had all options in Auto. Thanks
    i have all my options on auto...and all my pics come out great. you might want to try a battery pull. if that doesn't work then you might have gotten a BB with a bad camera.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

You can change the settings to get a higher quality picture. there is a setting under options called picture quality, try changing it to super fine. it might help if you put the picture size on large too, not sure though. Just make sure you store the photos on a media card because they will take up more space than if they were on the lower-quality setting.

hamsup1o no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having a similar issue with my 8320 camera also. Only had the Curve for a little over a month and the camera has been working great until this weekend. Like the OP described, the picture looks very distorted. I never changed the settings. Settings are always on auto, pic size on small, and quality on superfine. It used to show me a preview of the pic I took with options to delete, rename, etc. Now after I snapped a pic, it will show a blank screen for a few seconds and jumps back to camera mode. When I go to the Media section and highlight the pic I just took, it shows that the pic is 2MB (before none of the pics are over 100KB) and the preview shows the default icon instead of a thumbnail of the pic. When I click on the pic, it will just show a blank screen with a little red x on the top left.

I did everything I can think of to fix it. Tried changing the settings and even reloading the OS but with no luck. Ended up calling Tmobile and they are sending out a replacement. Sux because I only bought it a little over a month ago brand new and now I probably end up with a refurbish unit.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by MANX View Post
    Taking phone pics is more of an art than a science. The granular look has to do with the low megapixels and that can't really be helped. With the proper lighting (natural daylight being my favorite) you get the best results with the highest setting (superfine).

Your light sensor may be damaged though. You can always take an active step and adjust the photos on computer. Photoshop has a great auto adjuster. For a free photo editor with an excellent auto adjust I'd suggest Irfanview.