Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I can't remember if this has happened on my old Curve, but it's gotten me ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Question Is silent mode REALLY silent?

Advertisement

I can't remember if this has happened on my old Curve, but it's gotten me into some trouble on different phones.

Does the BB still allow sounds from some apps, even if it is in "silent" mode? I ask, because for each profile we have to set up a sound for each alert. For instance, I had to set up "Quiet" mode for each individual alert I want for each item (MMS, SMS, Jivetalk alert, etc) and set each to the "low" ring setting. Then I had to go do the same for the "Loud" setting. Then the Vibrate and the Normal settings.

I'm assuming apps and games that make noise will still allow the noise to go through?

And don't you think setting each individiual sound for each profile is a bit much? I see how it would be useful, but it's also quite a hassle.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Is silent mode REALLY silent?

tried setting the quet profile on 8100, opened camera. took a picture.. still got the sound when a picture was taken.

So I believe the quet isn't that quiet

Sigh, I figured as much when the same thing just happened to me. I guess I just have to test out new apps. Anyone have any stories about getting in trouble during work/classes because of a ringer?

well who havent, most schools hate phones.. ;p , go offline during class.. he he.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci-Tek View Post
    well who havent, most schools hate phones.. ;p , go offline during class.. he he.
    I had to go through a required "College level college-prep class" my first semester. Going "online" was the only thing that got me through!

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I also think it's a bit much for every sound. I guess they are trying to make the phones as pc like as possible. Personally, I liked the setup that my MotoRizr had for ring modes. Ringer,txt,voicemail,email,anf on silent, EVERYTHING was silent!! Ahhh peace at last,,, lol

well, thers a workarround, connect the wirered headset.. that way all sounds would go to the headset instead..

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    well, thers a workarround, connect the wirered headset.. that way all sounds would go to the headset instead..
    That's what I always do. It's okay on vibrate but sometimes I don't feel it. I hate missing calls or responding to e-mails/texts like 5 hours later. lol.

This is smart. I had what I call a "silencer" for my laptop in class. Basically I took an old pair of headphones and cut it off at the end, so all I'm left with is the plug. I just pop that into the headphone port of my laptop and never have to worry about accidentally taking it off mute or turning up the volume. I may try this with the Curve.

Are there some sounds that will always go through, though? The Camera sound always does. In silent mode or not.

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    This is smart. I had what I call a "silencer" for my laptop in class. Basically I took an old pair of headphones and cut it off at the end, so all I'm left with is the plug. I just pop that into the headphone port of my laptop and never have to worry about accidentally taking it off mute or turning up the volume. I may try this with the Curve.

Are there some sounds that will always go through, though? The Camera sound always does. In silent mode or not.
    the alarm will go thru also.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

You can make your own Exception and turn everything off but the app that you're looking for. My girlfriend hates my BB so I created "Becca Mode." If I receive a text or call while it's in my holster it vibrates, otherwise nothing else sounds. You can do that for your browser, text, email, or instant messenger while everything else remains silent.

That's my only suggestion... otherwise I don't know of any apps... well except one... eventlog or something, where you can actually "schedule" your BB to go into certain profiles at certain times of the day. I saw it on Handango
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

I don't think there is a way for you to set it for certain profiles to go on at certain times. Like Justyn said there might be an app for it.

Well I have a silent mode, where everything is completely silent.

However, some apps don't have an option in profiles. Some just chime all day long regardless of profile. This is what I'm trying to stop.

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

For that I am not sure. They might need to come out with like an app for that or something.

s0ur888 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2066DAB6

Have you tried phone only? it mutes everything else except for phone calls. But then you can change the volume for that to mute as well. I doubt the camera will be muted though because its against the law in some or most places to have a silent camera for privacy reasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast