Hi - so I have an 8310 with the stock bb leather case/holster thing my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bcp858 no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it magic like the refrigerator light?

Advertisement

Hi - so I have an 8310 with the stock bb leather case/holster thing my curve came with....how does my curve know when it is in the "holster"? I spent like an hour today sliding it in and out (i know it made me laugh typing it) and watching the curve turn off and on. I tried to cover it with a cloth, pressing various spots on it, putting it in upside down, and used both sides of the case. So...how does it work? Is it like the refrigerator light? Is it magical?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    the holder has a magnet in it the when the bb comes in range it "holsters"

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    The location on the magnetic sensor is below the keyboard and under the battery. You can test it by waving a magnet over the center of the keyboard and put your BB to sleep.

*wish that worked for my wife.. (thinking out loud)

bcp858 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ah. I liked the magic idea better.. Thanks; it would have bothered me all night.

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wish that the magnet on the oem case was at the other end. I put mine into the case screen first instead of keyboard in an effort to prevent dust getting under the screen better but its not close enough to go into "holster" mode. I had dust under on my old one and it just drove me nuts.
    Last edited by bigblue95z; 04-21-2008 at 01:04 AM. Reason: rewording