I need to get a new bluetooth headset, but it has to work with UMA. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

huewish no está en línea Stack level 1

Is anybody using either of these headsets w/UMA?

Advertisement

I need to get a new bluetooth headset, but it has to work with UMA. I have narrowed it down to a couple of them. The Plantronics 925 and the CallPod. If you are using either of these, could you please chime in and also tell us what router you are using in your home network? Thanks!

mount2073 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The Callpod Dragon is a Class-1 Bluetooth product, so it will offer superior range over the Plantronics. Also, you can pair it to 2 devices at the same time, say 2 cellphones, or a cell and a bluetooth enabled computer.

I like the looks and case of the Plantronics, but I do thing the Callpod has it's merits. However, I have a Blueant Z9 (now broken), a Jawbone (broke the best ear loop), and a Jabra BT8040. The Jabra is great. It's compact, good sound quality, and comfortable, but it crashes my signal when I'm on wifi. So at this point, I just want to buy a headset that I can use all the time.

absoluteevel no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C4261
    Quote Originally Posted by huewish View Post
    I like the looks and case of the Plantronics, but I do thing the Callpod has it's merits. However, I have a Blueant Z9 (now broken), a Jawbone (broke the best ear loop), and a Jabra BT8040. The Jabra is great. It's compact, good sound quality, and comfortable, but it crashes my signal when I'm on wifi. So at this point, I just want to buy a headset that I can use all the time.
    Wi-Fi and Bluetooth use the same frequency which is why the two don't work well together, and that is with any headset you'll buy. The router you are using should support Bluetooth Cooperation in order to get them to work together well.

DD-WRT will add this support to most routers with their latest release.

crtfs1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B73C2E
    May be a silly question, but why no buy a replacement ear loop for the Jawbone? I have never had an issue with mine on UMA, an now I am on the Jawbone2 and it has worked perfectly.

The Jawbone had some issues with it other than the broken loop. First, I thought it sounded a little tinny for my tastes. Also, the battery was losing it's strength. However, my dad bought a Jawbone2, and talking to him, the sound quality was great. I couldn't tell he was on the highway driving.

Quote Originally Posted by absoluteevel View Post
    Wi-Fi and Bluetooth use the same frequency which is why the two don't work well together, and that is with any headset you'll buy. The router you are using should support Bluetooth Cooperation in order to get them to work together well.

DD-WRT will add this support to most routers with their latest release.
    Thanks for the tip. I did some searches, and couldn't come up with anything for my router. I have the dlink dir655. It is solid as a rock, and I have only had problems with the bluetooth issue and a plantronics headset for voip. Any other suggestions? Thanks!