Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Good idea on the convenience key kpishdadi! Thanks!... BlackBerry Curve forum

DoubleM no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: ipod or 8300?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Good idea on the convenience key kpishdadi!

Thanks!

banthon no está en línea Stack level 3

AW: ipod or 8300?

I sold my iPod Nano 4 GB after I got the Curve with a 2GB SD card. Sound is pretty
    Sure, iPod is cooler as a MP3 Player but the Curve works well as MP3 Player and I´m expecting more features in the player software, too (missing different sound themes on Curve)
    I was annoyed of carrying two devices...

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5

I'm using the media player on an O2 supplied 8300 and it sounds great with 'proper' headphones plugged in. It sounds ok with the ones supplied with the unit.
    What I do find good is that it'll play AAC+ files as opposed to just mp3 ones. I find the mp3s sound a bit too compressed for my liking unless you use a really high bitrate.
    I do have a separate player with 20 gig of music loaded, for times when I want a greater variety but for commuting/dogwalking/short trips the player in the 8300 is just fine.

dagomez no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: ipod or 8300?

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    I use my 8300 as a mp3/video player. I've completely tossed my ipod aside since getting it. I think it works great.

I set up my let convenience key to open up the media player so I can get to it quickly and change songs, then keep in mind that "n" is for next song if you want to skip through your playlist.

Thank you so much for posting this. I have been trying to figure out how to advance to the next song without opening the media player.

wingnutsglory no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Re : ipod or 8300?

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    4GB is the biggest you could use and I would say that if you use this device only for mp3 player, I would suggest you the ipod 'cause an 8300 is not just mp3 a player it is also a business tool....
    Are you sure 4GB is the greatest compatible size? According to the Curve website, "The BlackBerry Curve accepts microSD cards; the amount of storage is determined by card capacity."

wingnutsglory no está en línea Stack level 1

My feeling is that the 8300 is an adequate player for when my ipod (80GB) isn't convenient, but it's certainly not a replacement. Memory, sound quality and features are all inferior IMO (some just slightly though) in comparison to the ipod.

Again, it's adequate but not a replacement.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

You're right. It's not an ipod replacement.. but i prefer convenience over quality I guess. I spend two hours a day commuting on a train and I use the time to listen to music and watch tv shows on my curve every day. the quality is good enough for me

For those of you who followed my previous tip:

Other shortcuts include: P for previous song
    and Enter for Pause/Play

If you hit the convenience key more than once it will switch from the song back to the media player so you can esc backwards and browse your photos & etc while still playing music.
    Last edited by kpishdadi; 07-31-2007 at 04:01 PM.

mrblackberry64 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423A97D

If I where you I would def. Get the 8300 cuz you will down right enjoy it more then an ipod.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SkUbA0 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240A0BB8

Quote Originally Posted by kpishdadi
    You're right. It's not an ipod replacement.. but i prefer convenience over quality I guess. I spend two hours a day commuting on a train and I use the time to listen to music and watch tv shows on my curve every day. the quality is good enough for me

For those of you who followed my previous tip:

Other shortcuts include: P for previous song
    and Enter for Pause/Play

If you hit the convenience key more than once it will switch from the song back to the media player so you can esc backwards and browse your photos & etc while still playing music.
    just an addon to this, to get this to work you will have to disable dial from home screen.

i have had the 7290, 8700, and 8800 and I LOVE my 8300, i use it as a music and movie player constantly, and use it as a phone and email device just as much, i have had no issues with battery life. yes it does shorten it, but it is still very good. 2 days worth of phone email and mp3 usage without charge versus 3 or 4 without mp3 usage. i do try and charge it every night but even if i cant i dont have to worry about it! hope this helps...

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I didn't disable dial from homescreen. Like I said above, I set a side convenience key to open up media player application.

Specs no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutsglory
    My feeling is that the 8300 is an adequate player for when my ipod (80GB) isn't convenient, but it's certainly not a replacement. Memory, sound quality and features are all inferior IMO (some just slightly though) in comparison to the ipod.

Again, it's adequate but not a replacement.
    Interesting you say that, what file system/bitrate do you use?
    On AAC+ playback I find the quality through a decent pair of headphones very good indeed. Are you comparing like for like, or different formats?
    For what it's worth I usually listen to music on an Iriver player with Ogg Vorbis or FLAC compression. I try to avoid mp3 wherever possible because I don't like the sound of the compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12