Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys and gals.. Curious. I'm currently using an 8100 with t-mobile and am going ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3

ipod or 8300?

Advertisement

Hey guys and gals..

Curious. I'm currently using an 8100 with t-mobile and am going to pickup a new ipod. OR, should i just pick up an unlocked 8300 and use that as an mp3 player? Does it work well? can I oganize playlists? what's the largest Memory card I can use for it?

thanks

Also, a regular earphone jack will not work for it correct? I have to get an attachment I believe, right?

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : ipod or 8300?

4GB is the biggest you could use and I would say that if you use this device only for mp3 player, I would suggest you the ipod 'cause an 8300 is not just mp3 a player it is also a business tool....
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

Re: ipod or 8300?

well I would be using the phone for my business purposes, but it'd be NICE to have 2 items tied up into on you know?

how is the player on the 8300?

els718 no está en línea Stack level 2

well from my short experience with it its pretty good, sounds niice and yes it does have a standard headphone jack.....only thing i would question is the battery life....not really sure how long your phone would hold up if ur using it as an all out audio player as well.....

will i have any problems with the media player using the Oz 2 OS ? since i'm a t-mobile user.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i love the media player on the curve, it may not be as good as the ipod but it aint bad at all.

Your gonna need to use the o2 os in able to get the browser for tmobile. There's a sticky that I posted.

Goodluck

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

I'm using the Curve as an mp3 player and love it! It's honestly really easy to use and you never miss a call either, since the music stops and your phone rings. Regular headphone jack, so any walkman/iPod headphones will work. You can create playlists (havent taken the time to do it yet) and the sound quality is awesome! Honestly, if you have the Curve and actually use it for the mp3 functions, you wont even think twice about getting an iPod.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

mcookyconsp no está en línea Stack level 2

I use it as mp3 player in the gym. I paired bluetooth stereo headphones and very happy. Dont have to deal with wires, and can leave it in my bag plus can take a call when I need it. I also have ipod but havent used it after getting my 8300.

mrghozt no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_L84
    well I would be using the phone for my business purposes, but it'd be NICE to have 2 items tied up into on you know?

how is the player on the 8300?
    The mp3 player on the curve is just fine. I'm listening to a song and posting this as I type this. However, I use my curve and 30g ipod. The reason I do this is cuz I don't want to have my phone and my music using the same battery. I use my bb a ton for work so if you don't you can get away with using it for both. But I can't. I would base your decision on that

my2006rr no está en línea Stack level 1

I'd go for the 8300.

Kilted Bradley no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mrghozt
    The mp3 player on the curve is just fine. I'm listening to a song and posting this as I type this. However, I use my curve and 30g ipod. The reason I do this is cuz I don't want to have my phone and my music using the same battery. I use my bb a ton for work so if you don't you can get away with using it for both. But I can't. I would base your decision on that
    I would go with this as well. I'm currently carrying an 8703 (no room for MP3s even if it did play them.) But, the idea of my battery being tugged on by both.

bjene no está en línea Stack level 2

I've been using my Curve while running with some of my Sony Sport headphones...I've just been holding it in my hand. Works pretty well...although I've still been thinking about an iPod Nano for running--lots of small armbands for that and no double draining of the battery. I like the idea of leaving it in the bag while at the gym, as posted previously!

Bernie
    It's an interglacial period, *#%&@!

DoubleM no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I have both! I have not used my Nano since my 8300 purchase. The sound quality is better than average. As for the battery, I travel quite a bite. I've not had a battery issue. Throw it on the charger each night if neccessary. Be certain to take full advantage of the 8300; email, calendar, web, etc. if purchased. If not you've just limited your music capacity.

codemansGT no está en línea Stack level 2

you should just wait because apple will bring out a new ipod. maybe by the end of the year, i dont know when but i hope at the end of the year and most likely it well be a touch screen and i read apple applied for a pantent for a wifi enabled mp3 player. so most likely the new ipod well have wifi

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I use my 8300 as a mp3/video player. I've completely tossed my ipod aside since getting it. I think it works great.

I set up my let convenience key to open up the media player so I can get to it quickly and change songs, then keep in mind that "n" is for next song if you want to skip through your playlist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast