In the September 2007 issue of PCWorld that I just received the iPhone was reviewed. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Arrow iPhone Slammed! 8300 Exalted!

Advertisement

In the September 2007 issue of PCWorld that I just received the iPhone was reviewed. That review was less than favorable. The top five PDA phones were ranked: the iPhone was #5, with a score of 83. The 8300 was #1 with a score of 90.

But for me the killer is what the sales people don't tell customers in the AT&T showroom: "To get the battery replaced out of warrenty [one year] you will have to send it to Apple and pay $86 (including shipping). You should be prepared to relinquish your phone for three days." Why anyone would design a device like this with the battery soldered in place is beyond my comprehension. There were other issues besides the battery design that brought the score down.

See PCWorld's PDA ranking here:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...1/article.html

The article from the September issue does not appear to be on-line yet.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: iPhone Slammed! 8300 Exalted!

I read a similar online article about the battery. It kind of resembles the battery replacement procedure to the ipod, nanopod, etc, doesn't it!

I really like Apple PowerBooks, but I won't buy any of their other devices (battery powered, that is) until I can swap the battery myself.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : iPhone Slammed! 8300 Exalted!

3 BBs in the top 10
    People starts to understand what is the best overall device
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

dagomez no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Ilove my BB. The touch screen on the i-phone is just not appealing to me.

websquad no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: iPhone Slammed! 8300 Exalted!

Well, I found a lot to like regarding the iPhone user interface. The touch/wipe screen is cool. My CFO (Chief Financial Officer, aka wife) for the past 40 years approved the $500 purchase.

Alas, then I started studying the facts, and they trampled all over the initial emotional response. I got my 8300 and have not looked back!

Now, how best to spend that $300 I saved ??

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Yup... similar reaction: I found the iPhone incredibly impressive and fun to play with. But when I thought about actually taking it out on a normal day...and realized I'd have to lug something heavy, delicate, and virtually impossible to use one-handed (no buttons / no tactile response), I realized that it just wouldn't be a convenient everyday "appliance" as the Curve can be.

Loving my Curve for now. Can't wait to see a Curve with GPS and WiFi built in - will be just about a perfect device. Already using google maps, maufait, infospace for local services - will be fantastic when there's a GPS inside so localized services work automatically.

love this device!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

spend it on 3 rd party apps to make your curve even more perfect hehe

Quote Originally Posted by websquad
    Well, I found a lot to like regarding the iPhone user interface. The touch/wipe screen is cool. My CFO (Chief Financial Officer, aka wife) for the past 40 years approved the $500 purchase.

Alas, then I started studying the facts, and they trampled all over the initial emotional response. I got my 8300 and have not looked back!

I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~proud to have the curve

dagomez no está en línea Stack level 2

You can sponsor me in a BB road race...wait is there a BB road race? Does'nt matter. LOL

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

In the September 2007 issue of PCWorld that I just received the iPhone was reviewed. That review was less than favorable. The top five PDA phones were ranked: the iPhone was #5, with a score of 83. The 8300 was #1 with a score of 90.

But for me the killer is what the sales people don't tell customers in the AT&T showroom: "To get the battery replaced out of warrenty [one year] you will have to send it to Apple and pay $86 (including shipping). You should be prepared to relinquish your phone for three days." Why anyone would design a device like this with the battery soldered in place is beyond my comprehension. There were other issues besides the battery design that brought the score down.

See PCWorld's PDA ranking here:
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...1/article.html

The article from the September issue does not appear to be on-line yet.
    AND THE TRUTH SHALl SSSSET YOU FREE!!!!!!! PREACH ON BROTHER......seriously though, the Iphone, in theory is really cool. But practicallity wise, the thing is borderline worthless. IMHO the CUrve runs circles around the Iphone in every aspect....

piggles no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

I bought the Pearl because it was offered by my provider, T-mobile. I have to admit that I really, really, really thought about getting an iPhone, but because I don't do first editions of electronics until the bugs are worked out - I made sure I was no where near an AT&T store during that weekend. I got nuked for the Pearl financially because I wanted to keep my phone number... but I like it. My boss got even with the two of us who got the Pearl when she came in with a Curve. Now I read yesterday on here that T-mobile is going to be getting the next rendition of the Curve. I just might have to get that...

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

My phone's #1...my phone's #1.....yay!
    Curve RULES!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

What's interesting is, check out which phone came in #2, the T-Mobile Wing.

Now, CNet gave the wing a rating of 7, and of the 32 users who (persumably) own the device, they gave it a collective rating of 6.4!

CNET called the Wing sluggish, and complained that it's bulky and only has EDGE... and PC World rates it the #2 smart phone available today!

Who knows about these ratings,,, they are very subjective (other then the 8300, which we ALL know is #1!)

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Curve Rocks!!

I would never use an iphone (or ipod for that matter), and the battery issue is certainly a good reason...
    But I was amused to watch how flawlessly the iphone worked in the tv ads, but how the new anchors had to hit a button several times before it would do anything....
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr