I think I already know the answer to this but here goes. With the option ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jgreg no está en línea Stack level 2

iphone, 8320 or Pearl?

I think I already know the answer to this but here goes.

With the option to use an unlocked iphone on T-Mobile, how would you compare it to the new 8320 (to be released on 9/24) or the Pearl that I currently own and love?

I'm thinking its a no contest decision for the 8320. What do you think?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: iphone, 8320 or Pearl?

~via BB ( agree. Stick w/ the bb and upgrade if you can.

dtx no está en línea Stack level 4

8320 for sure.
    an iphone does the same things, for many times the price and the pearl is getting older.
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

I have tried the iPhone for about a week and did not find that it had nearly the capabilities of my BB. Plus, modding the iPhone is going to cost you a lot to have it done or be risky to do yourself on such an expensive piece of equipment.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7

Modding the iPhone is super hard...our friend, who is an IT guy almost bricked the phone! Talk about an expensive mistake. NOT something you want to do. Initially I had a hard time chaning the BB's OS...and I thought perhaps the iPhone was the same thing---time and patience...however, I was takes hella SMARTS to do it! Kudos to those that can (i'd pay for someone to do it) but hey....I do love the BB....Gotta admit I was TEMPTED....However, I would say get any version of the Curve. With all the problems that even unlocked BB's are having with the internet and TMO...why try to make a $700 phone do the switch???
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

im so sick of hearing about them but, to answer the post...

i would never get an iphone. ive been there and done that and luckily that brief lapse of judgement has passed.

reasons why ill never own one:

i was soooooooooooo hating the keyboard. trying to type a url was like trying to part the seas. hated it.
    the web apps, functioned well but i hated having to go specifically to a website and accessing the program and being unable to use the internet whilst busy with the app. i had become accumstomed to using the web and having apps open in the background but then again...i was a SPOILED BLACKBERRY USER.
    moreover, no integrated gps but it had wi-fi. why would i care about wi-fi? well...spending 600 bones + tax made me think id be able to flyyyyy with my new phone. not the case, a lot of wi-fi networks are secured, or you have to pay. it was rare when i was able to get the wi-fi for free. in fact, it happend once at a friends house and thats cause i knew the password.
    the youtube content they tout as being a selling point, .... half of the videos i accessed didnt even work. it was like what the.....
    dont even get me started on the email. i was over it. i wanted to throw the stupid thing in the trash by the time i was done.

although my bb has a browser that leaves much to be desired, i can find my way out of podunk central with my GPS and .... did i mention my phone is sexy? and as for the wait for that while i wait for my sexy wifi enabled 88XX
    Last edited by littleacorn; 08-27-2007 at 12:13 AM.