Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay so here's a question that I hope someone can solve. I am wanting to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kateysberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet Radio with 8330 Curve

Advertisement

Okay so here's a question that I hope someone can solve. I am wanting to listen to to radio stations with my Curve from VZW. Does anyone know of a way for me to do this? Any app that I can OTA (and hopefully free)? Thanks so much!!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Yep, Moodio works great on my Sprint 8330.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Mobiola xPlayer ( http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...er&platform=bb) plays internet radio and is also a multimedia player. There is a 7 day free trail.
    There is also a thread for it here on PinStacks (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f10/xplayer_now_with_the_internet_radio_functionality_ need_beta_testers-78665/)
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Not to get off topic does anyone know when the slacker player is coming out?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Another vote for Moodio. It's easy to download and use. Be aware that you have to go to the site on your p-c first to register and set up your stations and then you can open and play the stations from your device.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by BklynEddie View Post
    Mobiola xPlayer ( http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...er&platform=bb) plays internet radio and is also a multimedia player. There is a 7 day free trail.
    There is also a thread for it here on PinStacks (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f10/xplayer_now_with_the_internet_radio_functionality_ need_beta_testers-78665/)

I use Mobiola xPlayer on mine. Good sound from it and the media player portion is free. If you want internet radio then there is a fee.

You should check out the forums on Mon, Weds, and Fri. Tiascurve66 does an internet radio show. She takes all your requests. If she doesn't have it, she will get. She'll post in the forums when she is on and those days are pretty regular for her unless something happens.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

dem125 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30270A75
    where can u download the regular moodi.and is it ota

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by dem125 View Post
    where can u download the regular moodi.and is it ota
    Just click the link in the previous post and it will tell you all you need to know.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    i seriously would wait. the brand new Flycast is comming to blackberry
    http://mobile.flycast.fm/ check it out, comes out Nov.4 wait 3 days ^_^ and its FREE

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    My question is will all of the functionality from these apps work on the 8100?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post

There is no app for moodio it is astreaming site. You have to set up your account over the pc and add radio stations. Then go to the moodio website via your device and click on one of your stations to listen.

I think it'll work on the 8100 if you're 4.5 (or maybe 4.3) - 4.2 definitely will not work. (That's Moodio at least - don't know about the others.)

The other thing that's great about Moodio (besides being easy to use) is that it's FREE!
    Last edited by jblackfish; 11-01-2008 at 02:46 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    Gotcha. Yeah, i'm on 4.5 cause I really have no patience to wait for tmo to bring out the official release since they seem to only care about their new devices nowdays. Is there a limit to the data transfer on the 8100 or will it just continuously stream with no problems?

Gotcha. Yeah, i'm on 4.5 cause I really have no patience to wait for tmo to bring out the official release since they seem to only care about their new devices nowdays. Is there a limit to the data transfer on the 8100 or will it just continuously stream with no problems?
    I'm on Alltel (CDMA) and it works great. Provided you have a good EDGE signal it should just stream along until you turn it off. When I was with T-Mo I didn't have EDGE support where I live - it was GPRS - and it was fairly broken at times. You should be fine with EDGE support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast