Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi there, I'm a 8900 newbie (just got it last night), I used to have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tpapas no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Internet Radio on 8900... Am I missing something?

Advertisement

Hi there, I'm a 8900 newbie (just got it last night), I used to have the 8310 and the major reason for the "upgrade" to the 8900 was so I can listen to my favorite internet radio station (www.radioactivefm.gr) since as advertised the 8900 supports all possible audio formats such as wm9 & 10 and aac+ etc...
    I tried all possible links and all I was getting is Not supported audio format!
    I know for a fact that the station sends out WMA9 and AAC+ formats and here are the links for it.
    [FONT=Arial]rtsp://live.onestreaming.com/radioactive
    [/FONT]

I tried all of them via WiFi connection thru its browser...None worked! Am I doing something wrong or missing something??

Help Please

Regards

Macinshak no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey man, got the same phone! I'd love to figure this out too!! What are some other great FM stations out there??
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

crum no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24143D5A
    Try m.moodio.fm

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1
    have you tried fly cast?
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

I tried both of those and couldn't make it to work... BUT still... Why should I have to go thru another service for something that the 8900 (according to RIM) does it by itself?!
    I don't understand, it should play both WMA and acc+ along with many others and it doesn't! Anyone to explain please?!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You need a vehicle through with you can stream the music, weather it be your device's media player or a 3rd party application such as those mentioned above. Here are some of your choices.

www.moodio.fm - If the station you like isn't there, you can add it. Plays through the device media player. Set up an account on the web site, add your favorite stations, then navigate to m.moodio.fm on your device browser and play one of your favorites.
    www.nobexrc.com - has a lot of choices and are supposedly adding new stations daily.
    www.iheartradio.com - new application that has gotten some good reviews.
    www.slacker.com - lots of people love this application
    www.flycast.com - as stated earlier, another popular choice.

There are probably others as well.....

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I would have to say that after trying slacker radio, there is no way I am ever going to another application/service. It's simply amazing. You can tell that the developers truly spent time working with the screen space, controls, network bandwidth, and all the other "limitations" of the portability of the blackberry.

I have created an entry for RadioActive in m.moodio.fm (called RadioActive 91.3)...
    It doesn't play... It comes up with "An error has occurred attempting to play media".
    As for Flycast I applied for a station entry there as well and waiting for them to add it.
    Is there anyway you can check yourself if it plays for you in moodio and let me know?!
    Maybe there is something wrong on my local setup... ?!

Regards

tpapas,

That station works for me. You might have to play with your bitrate settings a little. When you're logged into the mobile app, scroll down to change bitrate/channel setting.

Also, check your APN settings to make sure they're correct. Options>Advanced Options>TCP. Who is your carrier? You can check the settings here.

RoGro, thanx so much for the info and the "debugging" help...
    Well for the life of me, I cannot get this to work! I didn't have APN settings, and now I do since the link you provided gave me the url and all I did is entered it (just that)...
    But I thought the streaming would go thru the WiFi so why do I need the APN (which from what I understand is my carrier's GPRS feed which also costs money!!!)...
    I just need to stream via WiFi, is that possible?
    Regards

If you have an unlimited data plan, then you needn't worry about that feed.

As for how the application streams, I am not sure. I don't have wifi on my device, so I can't answer that question, sorry.

Let's try a couple more things here. Make sure the browser configuration is set to Internet Explorer and you're running in BlackBerry Emulation Mode, then go in and clear your browser cache and try the app again.

If you have an unlimited data plan, then you needn't worry about that feed.
    That sounded so funny to me... See there is no such thing here in Greece (yet at least), and even if there was, it would cost over $100 a month or so... So you can see why it sounded funny.
    I did change to IE and cleared the cache, still nothing...
    Oh well, I guess it's not my lucky day!

LOL!! Didn't know you were in Greece.

Do you get the same error message every time?

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Just got 8900 last night..LOVE IT...BUT wont stream moodio...anyone know why? I have apn set.

creekboi no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey try www.iheartradio.com this has all kinds of radio stations across the world its ota and its free for iphone and blackberry phones but you must have unlimited data plan...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast