Hello, I am new to this forum and I've just got my first BB 8300 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

amykate no está en línea Stack level 1

Internet question

I am new to this forum and I've just got my first BB 8300 yesterday. I bought an unlocked device because the network I am using doesn't deal with blackberries and I didn't want to stwitch networks now. I know I won't be able to use the e-mail options but I am wondering how I could connect to the internet.

I don't have a browser icon on my device and I have never used internet on my old, regular phone either.

Should I just contact someone at my network and ask them what internet connection possibilities they have?

Thanks for the answer!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Internet question

Hello and welcome to pinstack. You will need a blackberry data plan from your cell phone provider. If you're carrier doesn't provide blackberry service I don't think there's anything that you can do to get it. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will comment with more insight. Good luck to you.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    Just Ask

li2327 is correct. If your cell provider does not offer BB services, then you will not be able to add a data plan or access the internet.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4

I have seen that some people have used the Opera browser to surf w/o a data plan. It worked for some and not for others, but li2327 and kalebsdad78 are right.