Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So I looked around and couldn't find anything to help me out, so I figured ... BlackBerry Curve forum

evad310 no está en línea Stack level 2

Internet not working after 4.5 upgrade

Advertisement

So I looked around and couldn't find anything to help me out, so I figured I'd see what you guys could come up with. I just upragded to 4.5 and I love it, except that I can't get on the internet. I have an 8320 throuhg T-Mobile, and it is telling me that I have to purchases T-MobileWeb for 5.99 a month. I already have the unlimited data plan. It is letting me get e-mails fine, but I just can't get through to the browser. I resent the srevice books, did a battery pull, still didn't work.

krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    Quote Originally Posted by evad310 View Post
    So I looked around and couldn't find anything to help me out, so I figured I'd see what you guys could come up with. I just upragded to 4.5 and I love it, except that I can't get on the internet. I have an 8320 throuhg T-Mobile, and it is telling me that I have to purchases T-MobileWeb for 5.99 a month. I already have the unlimited data plan. It is letting me get e-mails fine, but I just can't get through to the browser. I resent the srevice books, did a battery pull, still didn't work.
    Is it possible that you may be trying to access the WAP browser?; a service your BB Data plan would not cover.
    Shawn K.

Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

Yea, actually, that is what it says in there. How do I just get back to the regular browser?

Actually it wlil only let me access t-zones, that is my only choice

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    What's ur tcp set at?

Oh and did u have full web browser before the upgrade?

PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    Yea, actually, that is what it says in there. How do I just get back to the regular browser?
    By resending your service books, it should allow you to see the Browser icon on your homepage.
    Seeing as you have already tried that, is it also a possibility that the correct Browser icon is hidden?
    If not you may also want to contact your customer service rep with T-mobile and see if there's anything they can do?

A temporary fix -

I would suggest installing a 3rd part browser such as Opera Mini and use that until you get things figured out!
    Shawn K.

You know, it's the weirdest thing...it just kicked on. Myabe it just needed a little bit to warm up. It's set at wap.voicestream.com Is that right?

Yes that's correct..my browser wouldn't work very well withough setting that after installing 4.5 also with that set u can use alot more programs. Any other questions? Or problems?

PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    You know, it's the weirdest thing...it just kicked on. Myabe it just needed a little bit to warm up. It's set at wap.voicestream.com Is that right?
    Perfect! Sometimes it does take a while for your device to pickup the service books and refresh. But its good to know your up and running!

If you need any other help, don't hesitate to let me know!
    Shawn K.

I don't think I have any right now, I will keep playing around with it. Is Opera Mini better than the BB Browser?

Ok, so no I've stopped getting e-mails. Browser still works, but no e-mail. Any suggestions, or should I just wait it out?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I don't think I have any right now, I will keep playing around with it. Is Opera Mini better than the BB Browser?
    It's different, you get more of the "real internet" feel using opera mini. I use it from time to time.

KingOfSJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    i had to downgrade ill just wait for the official AT&T release because the other one i used was mega slow, AND my browser icon was gone.....i tried all the stuff to retrieve it and inevitably i just downgraded because of the hassle....either way its bout time to upgrade phones......hopefully the bold doesn't take to long to drop

bwilber628 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247FB4CD
    I upgraded my 8320 to v4.5.0.42 yesterday and this morning when I woke up data services were slooooow to non existant. So I did what Tier 2 had me do last time: Delete the service books, go to the Host Routing Table and click register now. Well the books didnt get pushed back as expected. Called Tier 2 and she forced them out onto my Curve. She also told me that there were several new and updated books for v4.5. My internet on EDGE is sooooo much faster than it used to be before the upgrade. I'm on T-Mobile also.
    PIN: 247FB4CD

BlackBerry Ten Commandments

-1. Thou shall not turn off thy BlackBerry!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast