Hi all - i am having problems using my BB whilst i am on business ... BlackBerry Curve forum

TylerRiot no está en línea Stack level 2

International Roaming - Please Help

Hi all - i am having problems using my BB whilst i am on business in Brazil (usually based in the UK and on o2)

Basically my BB is refusing to recieve calls and data services are absent also - so no email/internet.

I have contacted my provider o2 who say there are no bars on my account for international roaming. When i have been abroad before (EU only) i have had no problems.

I have with colleagues here who are also on o2 and are not experiencing any problems (only difference is that they are on BES and i am on BIS)

I ran a diagnostic test on my handset the results of which were:

Data Activation: Yes
    Radio Access: EDGE (depite it saying egde rather than EDGE on my home screen)

Blackberry Registration: No
    Connected to Blackberry: No
    Blackberry PIN-PIN: No

then it say that i am not connected to my email server

Does anyone know if there is anything i can do to improve this rather desparate situation? at the moment i am limited to receiving sms only and making outbound calls.

Thanks in advance for your help people!

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Data is an optional service, above and beyond normal GSM or EDGE voice/sms service.

Are you using your UK based O2 SIM card in Brazil? Does O2 have a service sharing agreement with Brazil telecom?

Might want to investigate buying a local Brazil SIM card/service that offers a data service in addition to normal voice/sms traffic.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hi, I know this is a silly question, but did you unlock it prior to going to Brazil?