hi all. every time i try to sync i get an error "Unable to process ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rws381 no está en línea Stack level 2

Intellisync Problem

Advertisement

hi all. every time i try to sync i get an error "Unable to process request." i have tried putting the software cd and reinstalling and still get the error after. can anyone help me out?

rexlt no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Intellisync Problem

hey mate, can you tell us a little about your setup ? OS, Desktop Manager version and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by rexlt
    hey mate, can you tell us a little about your setup ? OS, Desktop Manager version and so forth.
    Sure, the BB OS is 4.2.2.89 and desktop manager version is 4.2.2.12. I am syncing with Yahoo. Has been working just fine for the last few weeks then last night when I plugged it in I got the error.

What about the computer OS ? Vista ?what?, Win XP, Mac ?

Quote Originally Posted by rexlt
    What about the computer OS ? Vista ?what?, Win XP, Mac ?
    win xp

The most likely problem I believe is that a database has some sort of corruption. If you had access to another computer, you could try and see if you get the same error when synching on that (be careful about which Outlook profile and folders you sync with otherwise you could end up with someone else data).

Alternatively if you can determine at which point in the sync it errors out (i.e. contacts or tasks or message,etc) you could use the Application Loader (Advanced Options) and delete that database from the device & try to re-sync. Or depending on how much data you have to lose on the device, reset all the application data.

ok so the problem comes when the calendar tries to sync. is there a way to wipe the calendar on the device then try to resync with yahoo? when i try to run application loader it says The Blackberry Device Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator. What the heck does that mean? How could it work fine for weeks then just out of nowhere be messed up??