When I attempt to download a new application, I get this error message "Insufficient space ... BlackBerry Curve forum

blfsgd no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Insufficient space for application error message

Advertisement

When I attempt to download a new application, I get this error message "Insufficient space for application". Sometimes I have deleted apps that I already have to obtain space, but I can't do this anymore. I have a 4gb mini SD card in my Curve 8320. I am wondering if I can have these apps to go to that card instead of device memory? This instance occurs when I download apps 'OTA'.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    How much free memory do you have? It seems like it might be time to evaluate all the aps you have on your 8320 and decide which ones to keep and which ones to delete. There's a program that will store programs on your media card - I'll look for the link - but you can't execute pgms from the media card yet.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Have you done any log clean ups and memory and browser history cleanups too. Also in messages go to options and do a purge deleted items first. All these can free up some memory also then do a ctl+alt+del and free up a little more then see how much memory left.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

You can also go to your browser, menu, select options>cache operations>content cache and clear that.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

This is one of the threads I was looking for - check this out and see if it helps you. Aerize is the name of the program. Some users liked it and some didn't. Judge for yourself.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Try to delete some logs and old files such as jblackfish and jrhorner71 have said. Also don't forget you can delete some internal apps you may not use like BrickBreaker, Help, Password something, BBM, etc.

If you really really don't want to delete apps and still want more, it might be time to upgrade to the newer phones with more internal memory.

PIN/ID
    @5K
    Another link I will try to find was a step by step to maximize memory by eliminating some cod files from being added on os upgrades. It may be risky but can be worth it I have the 8330 also but never drop under 37 mbs available.

The 8330 has more memory than the 8320 - I have both and that's just a "Curve fact of life."

I think this is the thread you're looking for. It was originally written when the Pearl was new but I think it applies to Curves as well. BE SURE to perform a backup before you start! Good luck.

PIN/ID
    @5K
    http://crackberry.com/how-maximize-f...er-performance

Follow step by step and shouldn't have any problems.

PIN/ID
    @5K
    2 seperate processess but between the two you should be able to get quite a bit freed up. Haven't seen that one before jblackfish but will defintely check into that one as well. I hate going to other site but it is a clean concise step by step that works.