Well this is my first post, I hope it is not a duplicate. Does anyone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

qguerra no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Installing SureType on Curve 8300

Advertisement

Well this is my first post, I hope it is not a duplicate.

Does anyone know the changes that need to be made to Blackberry.alx and Platform.alx files, in order to enable the SureType on the 8300. I know hardware wise the Perl and Curve are the same, so it should just be a matter of finding the right combination to get SureType to work on the Curve.

So if anyone has played around with this please let me know, I would really like to get SureType enabled.

Thanks

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Installing SureType on Curve 8300

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com

Hmmm interesting idea. Good. parlor trick

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by qguerra

Does anyone know the changes that need to be made to Blackberry.alx and Platform.alx files, in order to enable the SureType on the 8300. I know hardware wise the Perl and Curve are the same, so it should just be a matter of finding the right combination to get SureType to work on the Curve.

So if anyone has played around with this please let me know, I would really like to get SureType enabled.

Thanks
    me confused how would u use suretype on qwerty??

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Me confused more... why would BUY a qwerty and want to use SureType???

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

qguerra no está en línea Stack level 1

OK..so it seems I am totally confused....I should then best discribe what I would like to go and get some input.

On the Pearl when you type, it auto inserts/predicts words with different spelling options etc. I would like to get that functioning on the Curve.

SO...I hope I am talking about the right thing now...thanks guys for setting me straight.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

OK, if someone can come up with that, how about yanking the Spell Checker out of the 8830 OS and popping it into the 8800 OS (or any other 4.2 OS)? Seems like it should be able to be done - other than the carrier, the devices are nearly identical.

Or is the jump from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 too much?
    JerryD

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OK..so it seems I am totally confused....I should then best discribe what I would like to go and get some input.

On the Pearl when you type, it auto inserts/predicts words with different spelling options etc. I would like to get that functioning on the Curve.

SO...I hope I am talking about the right thing now...thanks guys for setting me straight.
    Oh.ok.I don't think the pearls suretype module can do that for you, cos it predicts words based on 2 alphabets per key.hvn said that,considering the curve has a built in dictionary for spell chck, it shouldn't be difficult to add in word prediction feature in upcoming updates.

sigmamason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22BFEE32

Why do that...just buy a pearl and be done with it...
    We Walk By Faith, Not By Sight!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks
    Sorry, but the hardware is not the same, specifically the hardware that SureType addresses. The KeyPad addressing has to be different due to the different number of keys.

I really don't think it would work and to what advantage would it have. It is a letter sellection routine, not a typo correcting routine. Nor is it a Predictive typing routine

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

I was trying to figure out what you're talking about...maybe for one handed typing on the curve? You would have to remember which keys were which. Sounds kinda odd.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : Installing SureType on Curve 8300

And each device has is own screen default so the suretype are smaller and wouldn't fit on the 8300
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

lundelius no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Suretype on the Curve

I am also interested in having Suretype on my Curve. I had the Pearl as an evaluation model but my company decided on the Curve... For those who keep asking why anyone would want predictive typing on the Curve you have to understand how quickly you can type. It's not a matter of spell check... With the Curve I have to type every letter of every word while Suretype allows you to type a couple letters and 99% of the time, the word you are intending to type is at the top of a selection list allowing you to hit the trackball which also adds the space and you move on... It cuts typng down considerably... There must be a way to have it on the Curve...

Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Not at this time. I know what you mean though, that was the 1 thing I missed when I switched from the Pearl to the Curve. It did make typing much faster. But you will learn the curve keys pretty quickly and get fast at that as well.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

djmonkey no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had thought of this before and think it would be great.
    The reason I got rid of my pearl was there were too many key combinations that produced diffenent words like slab/alan and a whole slew of others.
    I like the qwerty but would be thrilled if they came up with a device that was smaller than the curve and larger than the pearl that has closer together qwerty keys. I just need to be touching one key at a time.

Anyhooo
    Since this doesnt exist it would be nice not to have to type all of a word to get it to show. But to have the ability to type words correctly and not have to go back and reslect or choose a word produced by the same key combination.