Ok, so I finally got to a computer and can update the 8900 OS etc. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Installing 3rd party game from backup of previous device?

Advertisement

Ok, so I finally got to a computer and can update the 8900 OS etc. I had an 8310 that i backed up all the games etc that I had on it following a guide I found here at Pinstack.

Question is can I move that over to the 8900 in any way? I tried in DM, but it didn't "see" that backup. My guess is that it's because it was an 8310 back up. I don't have the prev curve with me, only backups. I still own the software on it, that phone now is being used by my gf. I don't want to break license agreements, so we'll take it off her phone once I manage to get them on mine. As idiotic as it may sound the only thing I'm really interested in getting off it is Bejeweled. Most of the software I use is free, or costs very little. I really don't want to re-pay for a game I already own, and will be on one device, albeit a different one than bought for.

Thanks.

<edit> Nevermind, and admin may delete. Apparently I just have to try harder before posting. My apologies. It can be done, although bejeweled is apparently not going to work in full screen on the 8900. I did get all the other apps from the back up as well. Sorry....
    Last edited by jfcooley; 02-19-2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: i'm an idiot....

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    One would think apps made for previous versions could just stretch fit themselves to newer devices... That would definately be nice...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thought so too. Bejeweled simply uses a little over quarter of the screen. Oddly, all of the games I got free on the other device work on the 8900.

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I transferred Millionaire, Smarter Then A 5th Grader and Family Feud from my 8320 to my 8900 after my T-Mo rep told me that it couldn't be done.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I think that's why they say "customer's always right"... Sadly I don't think the boys over at tmobile are trained to handle anything past what's written on the manual...

If the game says compatible with 8900 then yes...
    If it doesn't... No, sorry it can't be done...

If only they had a bb and they knew what we knew...

jenforgod no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay, so how can I do it? I just downgraded to an 8110 from an 8120 because I wanted GPS and I want my Disco Bowling and Mervin's Crosswords. HELP!

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Actually last time that I checked, the T-Mo website said that no games were available for the 8900. Odd because when I loaded DM, it showed updates for all three of my 3rd party games and they all look much better now. Plus, games are available on the T-Mo portal in my BB.

kkrueger84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask :)
    I previously had an 8310, and once I got my 8900, I used DM to transfer all of my information and apps between the two berrys. All of my information and third party apps were transferred over, as well as my Golden Tee Golf game from Bplay. I am able to access the game, but it tells me I need to register, so I assume I'll have to pay for it again. It hasn't bricked my phone though, so I think it'll be okay.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Pull out your previous registration code, that should work...

If that doesn't, call em up and let em know you changed device n they may switch it over for free or charge you a nominal device switch fee... May work...