Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I tried this with 2 different themes. The latest being a Jason Calhoun theme. It ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pcwizpcwiz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32ae40a5

Installed theme worked great till reboot then white TMO screen

Advertisement

I tried this with 2 different themes. The latest being a Jason Calhoun theme. It installs and looks great, but when I reboot the phone (battery pull or A,S,D) it boots and then gets stuck at a white Tmobile screen.

The phone is on and functional and I can connect to BDM but cannot use the phone. Sidekeys don't even launch the applications although I guess they wouldn't if it was still locked.

All I could do is uninstall through BDM then when it reboots it's fine.

Any ideas?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Could be that the theme is one of those made with the beta cdk. Uninstall the theme if you haven't already. I know there were issues with the 8900 theme built with the beta. Check theme thread for details. I don't have link to actual threads, sorry.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Don't know if it's a combination of what you said Jf and OS .168. Maybe just a weird coincidence. Both were done relatively the same day. I too had that problem on the "Android" theme by a different creator and after reboot, I too was stuck at the T-Mo screen.

I had to bp 3 times and on the last time I took my SIM card out to look at it (blow on it) because when it did load up, the screen read "SIM card inserted". I thought that was strange but it seemed to work, but I haven't rebooted since then so I don't know if I fixed it. I had to send service books several times because some of the "core essentials" weren't showing up. No camera, no video, no BBM. It was weird. That has never happened before even with my Pearl.
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 03-03-2009 at 02:20 PM.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I haven't used a 3rd party theme yet, so I've gotta go on what I've seen on the stacks. As for .168, I can say I had a smooth install. I tend to take my mem card out during upgrades. Also have had issues with DM 4.7.
    I don't know much. I just remember issues w/8900 and themes developed with the 4.7 beta cdk. I haven't changed themes simply because the stock theme is exactly what I want.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Hence my thread "Hold off on Plazmic beta themes"

http://forums.pinstack.com/f342/advice_dont_install_8900_themes_just_yet-102154/

Doesnt happen with all the themes and it doesnt happen for a couple times sometimes and out of nowhere it does.

Its a gamble, if you do use 3rd party themes just pray you never end up in a position where you NEED your phone after having had to do a battery pull or a reboot.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Me as well...this was the first theme I was actually able to tolerate and really enjoy. I had trouble with 4.7 too and uninstalled it. 4.6 seems to work fine.

joedali no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same exact thing happen.

I ended up doing a CrackMem wipe.

Reloaded .168 fresh.

Never in place upgrade with these bogus bugged out themes.

UGH.

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I have a stacker here who has had this problem with 3 of my themes alredy and its also an 8900. could it be the beta plazmic or the phone's OS?
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I think it's the OS and the Beta. Make sure you do not use soft reset. Seems like when I use that I get an uncaught exception but it does not go white screen. I use alt/shift/del and it seems to not give me the errors.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I said it somewhere before you need to change to a original theme before any reboot, and you be good to go. No need for a lot of drama. After the reboot, then you can go back to the theme that you like. Aloha!
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    good thing i found this thread, i was gonna start on my Transformers 2 theme for the 8900. ill skip that for now
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I think it's the OS and the Beta. Make sure you do not use soft reset. Seems like when I use that I get an uncaught exception but it does not go white screen. I use alt/shift/del and it seems to not give me the errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by mDRagON- View Post
    I said it somewhere before you need to change to a original theme before any reboot, and you be good to go. No need for a lot of drama. After the reboot, then you can go back to the theme that you like. Aloha!
    Great tips guys thanks !

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Ya know, when I had my hybrid .152 with .133 radio.. I didn't get any errors on reboot. I might downgrade back to that from .168

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    I heard of this happening with 2 different themes when the user would attempt to update/install a 3rd party application. Phone would freeze up when it rebooted. I think I'll wait on using beta themes. I used a couple so far that were just OK.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast