I have installed the Bolt Browser and am very impressed with it's speed and responsiveness. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hockeyshaun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3138DA44

Installed Bolt Browser- BB Browser question

Advertisement

I have installed the Bolt Browser and am very impressed with it's speed and responsiveness. My question is can the Blackberry Browser be removed without causing any issues, I figure since I'll be using Bolt I won't need the pre-installed browser that came with my Curve. Since memory appears to be an issue with the Curve running OS 5.0 I would like to salvage as much as I can.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    I haven't attempted this but my suggestion would be to download the plug-in for Bolt which allows you to open links from emails/sms in Bolt... making it "somewhat" default browser...

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I tried it and for some reason it didn't work for me. It still left the BB Browser my default.

hockeyshaun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3138DA44
    Yeah, I installed that plug-in and it works nicely, I was just curious if I could remove the BB browser to gain some space back.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Personally I would not recommend uninstalling the native browser as it is still required for installing some OTA software.

I have tried both Bolt and Opera Mini, currently using Opera Mini for most things, but there are times when the native browser is required.

To get more space I removed the Help files, as I never use them.

Jnf9207 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Help foriegn languages and such files will help, there's also an app that can delete the vendor themes which clears up quite a bit

clarrie no está en línea Stack level 1
    my brother had Bolt on his old Bold, and loved it. I think I should try it. beats the default...